Anyone Working out with Wii Active 2?

Options
I am looking for friends that are motivated or need motivation. I would like to find friends that are also working out with the Wii if possible...I am on the 9 week challenge and have 71 pounds to go...

Replies

• kirbykez
    kirbykez Posts: 122
    Options
    I just got a wii But haven't decided what to get.. I can't pick out of Zumba or Wii Active..
  • Ritagettinfit
    Ritagettinfit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Zumba...but I have Wii Active 2 and so far I have lost 6 pounds in a month which is an average of 1.5 pounds per week...I also just started increasing the amount of Veggies I eat. Well if you get Zumba let me know how it goes... Oh yeah with the Wii Active 2 you only have to use one controller some of the time...it has a leg and arm sensor, which is easier to use than the first Wii Active.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I am using EA Sports Active 2 but not for Wii. I use it on the PS3. The Wii and PS3 versions are quite similar; the main difference being that you need to hold the Wii Remote for some exercises, whereas the PS3 includes three sensors (one for each arm and one for your right leg), and some exercises allow you to use the Balance Board from Wii Fit. The Xbox 360 version requires the Kinect camera and it has only about half as many exercises as the PS3 and Wii versions of the game, and I've heard it doesn't work too well in comparison.

I never tried Zumba, it looked like dancing to me, which I hate, but I did buy Fit In Six for PS3 (probably available for Wii as well, I'm not sure though) and it seemed harder and not as good as EASA2 - less organized, no sensors, etc.

I like EASA2 because of how I can design my own workouts and play my own music with it, and I would say that my success this time (I've failed to get healthier many times in the past, usually after 2-3 weeks) has come solely due to using that program. I have branched out in recent months to include working out on my own, doing treadmill, etc.. I'd like more variety included in the program, since it doesn't even have jumping jacks and other exercises that are pretty common, but there is still quite a lot and I can get a good workout when I use it.

I know that for Wii there are several other EA Sports Active games, like the original, a football one, and I think an expansion-like one.. I just never really use my Wii anymore, so I don't buy the Wii stuff.

Anyhow, I am not using the Wii but I just wanted to lend my voice of support to Active 2, since it worked for me and I practically owe EA my life for it. I wish they'd work more on it though, because this is one of the few video games that is life-changing and very important. Or maybe I'm just too dramatic. But whatever, I am grateful for having discovered it last year.
  • Ritagettinfit
    Options
    Thank you for your support....I am feeling really good and seeing a difference in the definition of my body because of this game. I actually own all of the active games. The best game is the Active two because it has sensors one arm and one leg...which makes it so much easier to complete workouts. i do have to use one remote some of the time. I don't know an yone else that is using active only Wii Fit ...do you know anything about it?
  • bambina92
    Options
    When I first bought Wii Active Plus I worked out on it maybe an hour a day and I was able to lose 8kg in month and a half ( I was also watching my diet)..Mostly I did yoga poses morning and night and I did hula hoop , and aerobics stepping...it really helped !!! I am now getting back on it so hopefully it helps again. Just keep working out and you'll see the results for sure. GOod luck
    I don't have a wii active 2 , are there any new workouts on it??
  • Ritagettinfit
    Options
    There are new exercises and stretches...it's Thank you for the support.
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm doing EA Sports Fitness on Wii and playing Wii Sports in the evenings. The EASF game is intense! Tons of squats and running and strength training. I'm so sore!
  • cuteness81104
    cuteness81104 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have it but I switch it up with zumba and jillian michaels for my at home workouts in addition to the workouts I do at the gym
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am on my third go around on the 9 week program on the hard setting (about 1/3 of the way through phase 2 a the moment!) for EA Sports Active 2. I loves it! I very recently have started the C25K program, but up until then, the EA Sports Active 2 was the only thing I was doing... so... it works well!
  • Ritagettinfit
    Options
    Awesome! I did the kick start on easy being that I hadn't worked out in a long time. I am more than half way through phase 1 on medium...I figure, I should finish the 9 week challenge at this pace. I will then do it again on hard. I own all of the Wii Active games but my favorite is the Wii Active 2 game. I have already seen a difference and I started on Dec 28th. Keep up the excellent work!
  • dwtouch4
    Options
    You've made a great choice. I lost 40 lbs using Wii. The games I use are Wii Fit, EA Active 2, Gold's Gym Cardio Boxing, and My Fitness Coach.

I do enjoy EA Active 2 because of the variety of workouts involved. I also highly recommend My Fitness Coach as the workouts are dynamic and it can tailor the workouts based on equipment you own. If you have weights, an exercise ball, a step or a heart monitor you can include those.
  • Ritagettinfit
    Options
    Wow 40 pounds seems so far away! My fitness coach will be my next goal, sounds like something I could really use. Now that I have been loosing weight I have flab will that eventually tighten up? Thank you for the tip dwtouch4.
  • tammy1005
    Options
    I love the Wii active!! I just bought the Wii active 2 and I love the new exercises and they added streching. Looking forward to doing the challange.
  • iluvchad4
    iluvchad4 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I luv the EA Active 2 for the Wii as well!! I have not been able to stick with the 9 week challenge yet, because of my working two jobs! I also do Zumba for the Wii and Zumba 2 is my favorite one so far!! Also have the Just Dance games as well and they are alot of fun to!
  • ABWill578
    Options
    I just restarted the Active -More Workouts 6 week Challenge. Prior to this my Wii has been on hold for about 1 year and half. I also have started Zumba. I plan to do switch those two up with some other old & dusty tapes I have at home. So glad someone told me about this site love it.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I don't know an yone else that is using active only Wii Fit ...do you know anything about it?

I have Wii Fit, and I tried doing it for a while when it first came out and a couple weeks later I just stopped. I didn't get much out of it. My wife still uses it sometimes, but she primarily does more intense workouts with DVDs or EA Sports Active 2 on PS3.

It seems to mostly be Yoga, and for me, it just wasn't enough. Maybe as a supplement to other workout materials, but for me, if I'm gonna do Yoga, I'm gonna pop in my wife's Bob Harper DVD.
  • ErinsAvon
    ErinsAvon Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Wii Active 2 yesterday. I would love to join you!
    Erin
  • Ritagettinfit
    Options
    I also wasn't able to stick with the Active more work out's...last year about this time I was doing it but fell off the wagon.
    For some reason I am really sticking with it and have made a lot of progress.
  • ErinsAvon
    Options
    I am currently doing the 3 week cardio kick start. I am using the High intensity since I am already pretty active.... or so I thought. In 10 minutes this game has me sweating, and breathing heavy.... Only day 2 an am really loving it! Once i get passed the 3 week, do I go to the 9 week, or start creating my own workouts?
  • ErinsAvon
    Options
    Did my own 25 minute Wii Active 2 workout outside of the 3 week challenge yesterday. i think my plan is to do a little bit almost everyday. When that was finished i played Just Dance 3 for an hour. Feeling it today. Since i took Saturday off.