Need friends please

Hi,

I joined MFP a few weeks ago and am so totally impressed with it. I love the way I can keep track of food/calories/exercise.

I'm 63 years old and have at least 50 pounds to lose, I'd love to lose more but I think I'm being realistic here.

I would really like to find some friends in my age group (plus or minus a decade...lol) who are having the same issues I am having: -the pounds seem to melt so so so much slower once you reach a certain age. And the "body" issues: skin not so elastic any more leaves some very undesirable flabby areas. Knowing I'm not the only one with these issues would help a lot.

Here's to new beginnings.

Replies

• I just joined today. I am 50 yrs old and have WAY over that amount to lose. I would be glad to be your friend!
  • GlenWalterGal
    GlenWalterGal Posts: 85 Member
    @ petiteloriwit: I tried to send you a friend request but the search could not find you. Please try with my username.
  • susabu92
    susabu92 Posts: 3 Member
    I hope you will stay my friend! I need all the encouragement from all ages I can get!!!!

I am so proud and impressed that you are taking this on! I wish I could get my mom to take something on seriously like this but she won't.
  • GlenWalterGal
    GlenWalterGal Posts: 85 Member
    @susabu92: I've been noticing how hard you work and I tell you, I'm really impressed. Keep it up.
  • All help is welcomed! Please, feel free to add me.
    I've been on here a few months, regularly, and love it!
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Support is much appreciated. Please add me as a buddy!
  • Hello,

Im open for friendship. i am serious and more determined than ive ever been in my life. i will love to support you and many more that are serious as well.
  • I'm not 63, but I inspire all ages because we'll all be there. I'll be 52 this year. I feel better and look better than I have in a long time. I would love to be your friend. You are adding years to your life and quality of life by going on this journey. If god takes me tomorrow, I know that have taken care to be the best that I can be. Getting older does not have to mean getting out of shape, sitting around. I'm taking it on my feet! Lets go baby, lets go!
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Been on here for a little over three weeks. Feel free to add me as a friend. That goes for others reading this too.
  • Hello!

I'm not in the age group that you're looking for, but I would be happy to be your friend on here of you're looking for support.

Add me if you would like : )
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Im with the age group you were looking for but am always happy to help and support as I can..
    Add me if you like.. : )
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Hi,
    You can add me if still looking for friends. I understand all too well how it hard to lose weight due to changes in metabolism.

~Marcy
  • 226Muriel
    226Muriel Posts: 138 Member
    Here I am....Same issues...

If you are serious about your JOURNEY and wish to post your FOOD DIARY/WATER/EXERCISE...COUNT ME IN!