breastfeeding and calorie intake?

Options
I'm just getting started at all of this, when I put in all my info I got a set amount of calorie goal but it never asked me if I was nursing my baby? Don't I need more that 1340 calories while nursing?

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You can add breastfeeding through exercise or through your food diary.
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Yes you do! Maybe you should set your goal to maintenance until you are done boobie feeding. It'll still be less that your daily requirements for right now.
  • sninny
    sninny Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    When you log your food for the day you can log how many ounces you breastfed. Click on "add food" and then type in "nursing" or "breastfeeding" and choose from the different options. Good luck!
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi.

You can choose to add your allowance daily by going to Add Food and then type in Breastfeeding and choosing a suitable option. This will add a certain calorie allowance to your calorie totals so you can eat more to compensate for milk production.

Or, if you would find it easier, you can work out how many cals you would be entitled to breastfeeding, e.g. 500/day, and then go to Settings, and adjust your goal manually to include these extra calories. This way you don't have to add it everyday, and it's the way I do it personally.

Feel free to add me if you wish, I'm a breastfeeding mummy to a 13mth old, and have been doing well on here since joining in October. :smile:
  • mission2loseit
    mission2loseit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    awesome!!! thanks so much ladies!
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    You can add breastfeeding as a "food" and it gives you several options, then deducts those calories from your total