Running Sick

Options
Just need a bit of advice and someone to point out whether I'm making excuses or not.

Lately I've have been coming down with something. I have a dry cough, sneezing, headache the works. No fever so its just one of those mid-winter colds. The weird thing, and the largest symptom, is the dizziness and vertigo. My limbs all feel light and empty. I feel kind of like I'm floating when I walk.

I'm not so bad that I can't make it into work so I keep on keeping on. Keep drinking water, taking care of myself. But I'm a pretty dedicated gym goer. I've upped my workout level recently cause I hit a plateau and that seemed to do the trick. Today is my run day. I'm not sure I can make it to the gym today.

I know I'll feel bad if I don't go. Guilty. I can probably run today, but I don't think I'll be able to push myself the way I need to. I dunno guys, does it seem like I'm making excuses? Anyone else feel this way some times? Can I get a push into doing what I need to?

Thanks so much and keep on losing!

Replies

• ladykate7
    ladykate7 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    If it were me I'd skip the run this time. Give yourself a little break this time, let your body have some extra time between workouts for the time being.

I totally know how you feel.I'm trying to be a dedicated gym goer but things keep getting in the way. Prime example is starting Jillian Micheals 30 day shred for a week and then smashing a toe one night (not while exercising). Now i'm injuired and can't put much weight on that foot without a lot of pain. Perfect excuse to not workout. *sigh.

I feel super guilty for not making an effort to at least do something, I think about it all day, how I'm being "bad" and each day I try to be "good" but I rebel and I'm worse, now my nutrition choices and portions have been crummy. I'm going to Hawaii at the end of Feb, so all my self-sabotauge is making me feel even worse.

Enough about me though. As a comparison, I'll say your not just making excuses. You have a valid reason to take it easy, just don't follow me. Get back to the gym soon!
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above . . . . If you don't allow yourself to rest and get better, it's gonna take longer. If you're feeling guilty, you can just make sure that you're eating plenty of healthy foods, especially your fruits and veggies. Keeping a closer watch on your calories in will help you feel better about missing out on the gym today. Hope you feel better soon :)
  • TehScrumpy
    Options
    Thanks guys.

I've decided that I'm not doing the gym. I don't think I can handle the other people, the gym rush after work, and most of all the pushing myself.

But I am going to do SOMETHING tonight. At home. By myself :3 Not letting up, just slowing down a bit. Schedule be damned.