WARRIOR DASH MD 2012 HOTEL!!!

Options
So we have finally picked a hotel and my room is booked !!

Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf

^^^^^ in Waldorf MD.

Please book your rooms now before there are none left

WOOT!!! **happy wiggle** Can't wait to meet all yall :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    That is spooky,just hung up with them doing the same thing.

Can`t wait. :drinker:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Stalkers and creepers...shut your eyes
    pleaseandthankyou
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    pleaseandthankyou

**huggles** Thanks Q :smooched:
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I CANT WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    What date/wave are y'all on?
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Can't believe how fast it came up...feel like we just did it. Looking forward to another fun year :)
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options

5/19 10 wave but it really does't matter what heat you are signed up for....at least they say
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

5/19 10 wave but it really does't matter what heat you are signed up for....at least they say

I did the one in Oklahoma in September. I was in a completely different wave then my friends, but there was no one checking your times (at least at mine), so I just went off with them at their time.

Since you have a group going together, you should take a waterproof camera with you along the route to take pictures. :smile:
  • tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Im not in MD, but I signed up for the warrior dash Aug 25 in Ohio ll. A few of my friends and I are doing it. It is my first time.

Good luck to all of you!
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    I am like 30 minutes from where the Warrior Dash is.
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Thinking of doing my first WarriorDash this year (in MD).

I'm in Carroll County- how long a drive ya think? I've never driven south of DC.

How bad will traffic be?

Is it better to stay the night before the event or after?
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Yay! Something to look forward to!!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Too bad the only potential day I could do it is Sunday since I will be graduating from GMU with my Master's Saturday (WOOT WOOT) (or just hanging with my family) :tongue:
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options

I did the one in Oklahoma in September. I was in a completely different wave then my friends, but there was no one checking your times (at least at mine), so I just went off with them at their time.

Since you have a group going together, you should take a waterproof camera with you along the route to take pictures. :smile:

Great idea Susie!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options

Great idea Susie!

Im all over that idea ...I have been wondering how I would take pics along the way and not ruin my camera ! but then again I dont need any of m stuck in the mud !! or falling over the damn rope wall hahahah
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    To get to the Warrior Dash from the hotel it is right down 301 and turn on Budds Creek Road.

However, Budds Creek road is a two lane road. SO traffic may back up from there. In Allen's fresh the bridge got wiped out but it has been fixed so there is no detour.

Waldorf is aways up the road.

Another option is to look at Dahlgren, VA. It is in King George County, VA and right over the bridge. I would rather stay in Dahgren then Waldorf. Not the best area.

There are also places in LaPlata, MD which is also on 301.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    pleaseandthankyou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEnJDaqT3-0
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

I'm in Carroll County- how long a drive ya think? I've never driven south of DC.

How bad will traffic be?

i'm coming from Cecil Co - i google maps'ed it and i'm giving half an hour wiggle room. thinking about upping to an hour.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I am TRYING to get a group together....I wanna do it bad!!!!!!!!!!!
  • j_ringsaker
    j_ringsaker Posts: 47 Member
    Options

How bad will traffic be?

i'm coming from Cecil Co - i google maps'ed it and i'm giving half an hour wiggle room. thinking about upping to an hour.

I highly suggest you alott more time for the traffic getting into the area.The past events they ran in Darlington were poorly run and had issues. The Zombie run last year actually caused Harford County Government to send out robo calls telling residents to avoid the area due to the influx of traffic.

The Warrior Dash is likely run by a different group than the Zombie Run, but both events were cluster f*#%s.