belly fat

Options
Inputs on how to get rid of the mid ab fat plzz...
I understand a woking on a single muscle everyday is harmful. Alternate day pays off. wooo really?? does not seem so! How to tighten the flabby ab?! :mad:

Replies

• mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    when u find out a def way let me know.....:laugh:
  • kbeauchesne
    Options
    Inputs on how to get rid of the mid ab fat plzz...
    I understand a woking on a single muscle everyday is harmful. Alternate day pays off. wooo really?? does not seem so! How to tighten the flabby ab?! :mad:

Good old-fashioned abdominal crunches! javascript:add_smiley('wink','post_body')
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    You can't target your fat loss. It comes off where it wants to come off. Annoying, but true...

You can tone up an area so it's not so soft, though.
  • krystad
    krystad Posts: 28
    Options
    THEY SAY ABS ARE MADE INT HE KITCHEN!!!
  • brainey100
    brainey100 Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm working through the same problem. The best answer anyone has given me is to keep exercising and most importantly, EAT RIGHT. Your body will eventually burn the fat from your abdomen, but you have to be patient (as I am learning).
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Yep, a great body is 10% genetics (as in long or short legs etc), 10% training and 80% nutrition! And you can work your muscles till you're blue in the face but unless you burn off that excess fat with cardio and sound clean nutrition all your hard work will remain under cover. Get your heart pumping to burn the fat (and keep building muscle too!! - muscle burns calories at rest too!)
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    Yup...
    3 kids, all c-sections and a weight gain and the only way to get it off is fat loss. sadly!!! sure, you can tone the muscles underneath, but you can't turn fat into muscle:sad:

Cindy
  • imjeni
    imjeni Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    according to my trainer, he also says you should not work the same muscle group two days in a row with the exception of your abs. he says do something for your abs everyday
  • imjeni
    imjeni Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    according to my trainer, he also says you should not work the same muscle group two days in a row with the exception of your abs. he says do something for your abs everyday
  • merrymusiq
    merrymusiq Posts: 35
    Options
    thanks everyone for the posts!
    well.., do everyday for your abs is interesting!! nice.. will do.. thanks!.. my trainer suggested do abs and obliques alternatively..
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Well, I'll chip in my 2 cents as a trainer also. Muscles should always be given a rest between targeted workouts. That said, one must remember that abdominals are stabilizing muscles that do a lot of work during other resistance training too (free weights, particularly, as well as in yoga and so on). You SHOULD rest between days and try to remember that the rest days are as important as the stress days. Your muscles grow during REST, not during the workout :wink:
  • merrymusiq
    Options
    great! thanks.. :):flowerforyou:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Ok, as mentioned above you can not target fat loss. It just doesn't work like that... your body will use it from where it wants, when it wants. So, do tons of cardio.

In the meantime, you can help tone your abs by doing ab workouts... crunches, reverse crunches, sit ups. However most people also forget that you should mirror all muscular workouts. For instance, if you work your bicep, you should also work your tricep, since they work together to make your arm function.

Likewise, if you strengthen your abs, you should work on your lower back too. An easy way is to lean over a railing that comes up to your waist, as if you were trying to touch your toes with your nose. Then using only your back stand yourself back up straight. Be *very* careful doing this with weights. Even better, most gyms have a machine specifically to work your lower back.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    belly fat

sucks

Oh, I am sorry I thought this was a finish the sentence game:laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Ok, as mentioned above you can not target fat loss. It just doesn't work like that... your body will use it from where it wants, when it wants. So, do tons of cardio.

In the meantime, you can help tone your abs by doing ab workouts... crunches, reverse crunches, sit ups. However most people also forget that you should mirror all muscular workouts. For instance, if you work your bicep, you should also work your tricep, since they work together to make your arm function.

Likewise, if you strengthen your abs, you should work on your lower back too. An easy way is to lean over a railing that comes up to your waist, as if you were trying to touch your toes with your nose. Then using only your back stand yourself back up straight. Be *very* careful doing this with weights. Even better, most gyms have a machine specifically to work your lower back.

thanks for that low back exercise!!

I also do the superman after I do my crunches. I lay on my tummy on the floor, then 'fly' for as long as I can with arms out front and legs up. My PT gave me this simple exercise.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Also, just so you guys know, if you're doing any kind of weights or resistance, you really don't need to do a lot of core work. If you use correct form, any kind of weight training will use the core to stabalize you, generally adding 1 to 2 days a week up to 3 maximum should be all you need for core to keep it strong. Most body builders do very little core work on it's own. Maybe 3 to 5 minutes 2 times a week is usually all it takes.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    a friend of mine showed me how to get the most from the weight machines. When I do them, I always engage my abs. I have found I am much stronger the past few months. I dont like crunches.

I also like to do the plank. And even full out push ups engage the abs.

So much to learn, so little time.:flowerforyou:
  • merrymusiq
    Options
    yea.. I recently learnt that focusing on abs like holding it tight and doing ab vacuums during any activity or cardio workout would help loads to tighten and flatten the flabby abs. Have started usingthis trick.. :tongue:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I was shown a new ab exercise and love it! I cant do good crunches due to a neck injury.

I will see if I can find out the name...or better description.

you lay on your back

lift your legs with your feet flat to the ceiling

pulse your heals to the ceiling.

you only need small movements, and in fact larger ones are not as good because you are using momentum

I laughed until the next morning. I can feel my abs from top to bottom. I am doing this every other day come rain or come shine!!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I was shown a new ab exercise and love it! I cant do good crunches due to a neck injury.

I will see if I can find out the name...or better description.

you lay on your back

lift your legs with your feet flat to the ceiling

pulse your heals to the ceiling.

you only need small movements, and in fact larger ones are not as good because you are using momentum

I laughed until the next morning. I can feel my abs from top to bottom. I am doing this every other day come rain or come shine!!

hip raises :wink: