Some actually satisfying desserts!

Options
opaquewhite
opaquewhite Posts: 58 Member
What are your go-to desserts while eating healthy? I don’t know about anyone else, but giving up desserts is next to impossible for me! I try to stick to things like sugar free fudgesicles, but they just don't do the job and I end up eating 5! I have a few things that help me get through it so I don’t binge like wild. I need more suggestions though!! :-)

Modified South Beach Ricotta Creme
- Mix about ½ cup light ricotta cheese, Splenda packet, a bit of vanilla extract, and some semi-sweet chocolate chips. Sometimes I’ll add some sliced strawberries too, or sliced almonds. There are many modifications on this, I like to experiment :-)

Vitabrownie Sundae
- Warmed Vitabrownie (I like the kind with chopped nuts on top), a small scoop of LF vanilla frozen yogurt, and some sugar free chocolate syrup (I like to warm this up a bit first too!)

Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches

DIY FroYo - Just buy your favorite yogurt cups and stick it in the freezer for a bit! This also works well with pudding cups, especially Jell-O Dulce de Leche! YUM.

Semi-sweet chocolate chips - I measure a serving size and stick it in a baggie, then take it with me for whenever I need chocolate! I like this because I can pick at them, rather than eating a chocolate bar in 5 seconds.

Klondike Bars - No Sugar Added Krunch

I'm not promising that any of these are SUPER healthy, and if you can cut out sweets then you're amazing! But with these modifications (Vitabrownies are small, 100 calories, and have 10g fiber!!) it can help you get through the craving without breaking the bank.

Replies

• dilleight
    Options
    If you blend fromage frais with some frozen fruit it makes a frozenish desert which is nice. You could put sweetener in if you like. It does take a while to blend tho!
    Baked apples with yogurt or fromage frei is also good.
  • jobie4153
    Options
    Jello sugar-free instant pudding. It is what gets me through (topped with a little Light Cool Whip). They have a lot of flavors. I make them with skim milk. I also like TCBY sugar-free, fat-free frozen yogurt.