Tae Bo or 30 day shred?

Options
Hi,

I just wondered what everyones opinions were in regards to Tae Bo and the 30 day shred, I used to do Tae Bo and loved it, and today I tried the 30 day shred which was great too. I went to put in the calories on MFP for the 30 day shred and it said I'd burned 162 calories, when I looked up Tae Bo it said for the same time I would burn 204 for the same amount of time. What difference did everyone find between the 2?

Replies

• JLA5
    JLA5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    They're all great! Zumba is awesome too! You should just do them all, mix it up, day by feeling and enjoy yourself:) A fun way to be healthy.
  • ShelbyBeck414
    Options
    I did day 2 of Shred today....LOVE it...
    I did the complete 30 days last year (no days off) and loved the results...deifnitely tones you...:D I dont know about the other one!
  • 55girl
    55girl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred level 1 last week and this week I did Tae bo. I found Tae bo way more challenging and the day after my body was so sore, I never experienced that with the 30 day shred. 30 day shred is great too but I think with Taebo you'll more results.
  • lirby10
    lirby10 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well I have used the Billy Blanks Tae bo off and on for years. I over the last ten years put on a good 15 to 20 lbs. So when I started using mfp I pulled out my old DVD's. I have the one with the 3 lb bar. (I even have older ones on tapes). It was so hard since I was so out of shape but I stuck with it. I bought the PT 24/7 with the bands to help build and strengthen muscles and once I started it, my body really started to crash down. I have not done it everyday and I sometimes add the old CD's. I usually exercise about 4-5 times a week. I am 46 and about a pound away from my goal of 125. I wanted to lose 20 lbs. I started the end of January. Diet is key and food combinations is also important. I eat about 5 times a day. I feel great about my body image for the first time in years. Prior I would just say well I don't look too bad for middle age since I have a daughter in college. People told me that at my age you can't get down to a weight I used to be. Well that is not ture but I have made big changes in my diet/exercise.

By the way, the MFP does not give me the calories count that I really think I have burned with Tae bo. It give my mom more for doing Zumba. I have done both and doing Tae bo with bands at a cardo speed is so much harder than Zumba plus it helps build a little muscles which help your metabolic rate better. It does not really matter to me because I don't eat the calories that MFP gives me when I exercise. If I did that I would not have lost almost 20 lbs. I might go a little over the 1200. I alternate my calories. At my age I have to work a little harder. I recently did Zumba with my daughter and I did not hardly break a sweat. Either way both are great exercises and help your over rate of burning calories. Good luck.