Not how I wanted to look...(pics)

Options
Ok, so I know I am no model, nor am I a mannequin, but this is the dress I bought for the xmas party last year:

x5xues.jpg

And this is how I looked in it beginning of December:

p93z7.jpg

YUCK! That's how I feel when I look at that picture of me, and I'd already lost 18lbs by then.

Ok, so when I showed my mother, she told me I'm not dressing in the right clothes. I should not have worn a dress with no straps/sleeves, and since I have mahoosive boobies, I should be wearing a better bra rather than the one I was attempting to wear in that pic, but couldn't because it didn't have straps/sleeves.

I have bought another dress that I hope will fit me better for future corporate events. Here is a pic of it, and as soonas I get it, I will put it on and upload a pic of me in it.

10gcxup.jpg

What do you think?

Replies

• tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I love the purple dress. It's quite striking and I think your upper body will fit better for you. Can't wait to see a pic of it.
  • Gwen7121
    Gwen7121 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I think both are beautiful!
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    I think the purple dress is gorgeous!! and its going to flatter you in all the right places! I love dresses that have the extra material running through the midsection because even though its tight and hugs you the extra material hides the unflattering parts :-) Gorgeous!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    underwear is the key! You should watch "how to look good naked" he says that all the time. make sure you have at least 2 nude bras, one strappless and one with straps..a seamless bra, a black bra and a sports bra. and my personal favorite, although I have massive boobs too, I buy padded bras so my nipples don't stab someone in the chest.
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    Bump
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    DELETE

I think I misunderstood this post - sorry ladies....
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I love them both, but please let me know where you ordered the purple one from? just love it!!
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    What a noticed was the belly pouch and the dress so tight you could see your belly button. You'll have the same issue in the purple dress if it's not the right size. I do think the purple one will be more flattering in the bodice.
  • roguex_1979
    roguex_1979 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Bump

What does this mean?? Keep seeing it in other posts, but have no idea...
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    too clingy for professional outings in my opinion.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I love both dresses, but the purple one I especially love!!
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    You'll look great, no doubt, but maybe avoid the clingy fabrics? Go for something more structured with a good cut on your chest and waist?
  • 2dogsnocats
    Options
    Unless your belly is TOTALLY flat, women should avoid dresses that are form fitting across the abdomen, they really make your belly look fat! You have to stop worrying about fashion and wear what looks good on your body type!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I think its hard to tell on a barbie doll.....
  • shalinimunjal
    shalinimunjal Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I love both...you have great taste!!
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Great dress!!!
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I really like the purple dress.
  • raylenebrooks
    raylenebrooks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    yep a nice a line and can wear a good bra will look better and more profesional no belly hugging unless it is flat
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You may want to avoid clingy fabrics (jersey, satin, etc) which can show every lump and bump. A structured dress with a high-quality fabric and an A-line design would flatter any type of body such as a sheath dress which never goes out of style. Think a la the "little black dress" that Audrey Hepburns where from Breakfast At Tiffany's - the style is timeless.

The good thing about the purple dress is that it has straps which would provide more support for the chest area. As Stacy London from What Not To Wear would say, "focus on the fit and not the size". I wish you immense success on your fitness journey and hope the dress fits well for you.
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think the second one is going to be a lot more flattering. It'll help balance your upper half. I may be shot for saying this, but I wouldn't dream of wearing either dress (even a skinny me!) without Spanx. Two reasons: one, because I detest being able to see someone's navel through a dress, and shudder to think that someone could see mine--even the purple dress on the model (mannequin?) shows the shadow of the navel, and two, it ensures a clean line down the thighs. Good old fashioned control top pantyhose will do the same thing, but those always roll down on me.