Need Motivation- What are some of your motivators?

Options
How do you Motivate yourself to lose weight? I have health issues to motivate me but need more real goals. A lot of my motivation comes from seeing my family have problems with diabetes.
I also need friend support, so If you wanna be my friend, add me with a reference to this post.
I'm 23, nearly 24, and have the beginings of diabetes 2.

Replies

• tampascott22
    Options
    How do you Motivate yourself to lose weight? I have health issues to motivate me but need more real goals. A lot of my motivation comes from seeing my family have problems with diabetes.
    I also need friend support, so If you wanna be my friend, add me with a reference to this post.
    I'm 23, nearly 24, and have the beginings of diabetes 2.

For me, I find this to be motivating:

1) Look at photos of myself when I looked my best, and felt good about my appearance; and

2) Review current photos with the extra pounds.

This reminds me of how much better I can look. When I want to binge on something, review steps 1 & 2.
  • peckle123
    peckle123 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi , I went cycling with the family and could not keep up with my 11 year old , I want to look better but also be fitter. feel free to add me
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I feel the more I learn, the more motivated I become.

Download Jillian Michael's free podcasts. I learnt so much, that I then just wanted to know more!!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I promised to take my clothes off on stage before the year is out. :blushing:
  • Ainohikari
    Ainohikari Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I promised to take my clothes off on stage before the year is out. :blushing:
    WOW! that is brave! Just don't lose too much too fast!
  • Anabannana07
    Anabannana07 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My motivators are mainly just pictures of myself from when I looked the best and then I look at myself now and I will get to how I used to be. I also go window shopping and I see all the clothes that I would like to buy but dont look good in. That right there is a HUGE motivation for me. I want to look good in pretty clothes
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I decided to sign up for an event to keep me motivated. I signed up for Tough Mudder (www.toughmudder.com) which is going to murder me but I'm excited! So every time I think to myself "Oh, I don't feel like working out..." I go and watch the video on the website to get myself pumped up!

You could try signing up for a 5K fun run, there are free pod casts on iTunes you can use (Couch-to-5K) to help you get to running that distance if you're unable to right now. They're pretty awesome, I'm using them to help train myself.
  • Ainohikari
    Ainohikari Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I actually have Couch to 5k Pro for Android on my phone. I managed a week then felt like I was dying on week 2. Haven't touched it since. I have a plan to use week one for 2 weeks just to bring up stamina in my legs, but haven't had the motivation to use it! I'll have to try it again. Thanks for the motivators so far! I'm glad you all have something to motivate you! I would use pictures but last time I was at a healthy weight I was like 12..... more than a decade ago!