Help?!

Options
I have done really good as far as calories in/calories out go, and I ALWAYS calculate food to eat for my exercise calories, but I find that I am not hungry enough to eat all of them!! I seem to be forcing myself to eat the exercise calories when I just am not hungry. I drink a muscle milk and eat salami sticks after working out for the protein boost, but am struggling to eat all of my workout calories for lack of hunger........I know how important it is to eat them but what do you do if you just aren't hungry? :frown:

Replies

• TexasGirl_Amie
    Options
    I have been wondering the same thing.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Make the food you do eat more calorie dense. Eat almonds, peanut butter and cook with some extra virgin olive oil (120 calories in 1T!). :smile:
  • southern_gurl
    Options
    I actually do cook with olive oil, just for the calories. This is just turning into a nightmare because I am just not hungry, not even remotely peckish!! I eat normal foods (mashed potatoes, rice, bread) and factor in their calories and still not hungry enough to meet the exercise cals
  • loraloha74
    Options
    I go through cycles like that. Sometimes when that happens I push my workouts a little harder or add another one. Then my appetite really picks up! Eating my calories has really helped me with my burn and losing more weight. For a healthy calorie dense food I really like avocados or cashews. You are doing great and keep up the good work!!!
  • ChristinaK69
    Options
    are you saying when you eat the exercise calories that you are eating back what you burned off? If that is the case and you aren't hungry...then don't eat those calories.
  • LeisureRunner
    Options
    why? why? why does everyone on mfp think you have to eat your exercise calories??
  • shoover10
    Options
    If you're not hungry, don't eat them. Just don't refuse to eat them if you are hungry.