Still losing weight, what size to order bridesmaids dress in

Options
hello77kitty
hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
The wedding will be in September. I ideally would like to be at 135 by then, but honestly I'd be okay at 150, then just try to continue losing. Right now I am at 175..I can fit into a 14..but we have to order our ddresses soon. I am thinking or ordering a 12, then just get it taken in before the wedding to whatever size I am at. I am scared to order a size less than a 10..maybe I am doubting myself lol.

Replies

• thesameas
    thesameas Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You can always get a dress taken in, but it is very hard to make it any bigger.

I'd order a size twelve like you were going to, then take it in however much you need to.
  • natalie1994x
    Options
    i would order a 10:D i think you can lose all that weight by then you have plenty of time you can do it:D
  • xxslvrxwngsxx
    xxslvrxwngsxx Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I would also order a 12... I ordered my wedding dress the size I was at the time and just had it taken in closer tot he date. worked out great and there was no last minute fasting LOL
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    keep in mind those dresses are often several sizes different than what they say! Mom used to work at a bridal shop. Woman would break down all the time cause the size zeros were to small and they had to get like a 2 or something! they run small often times so maybe keep that in mind.
  • AshleyNPeters
    AshleyNPeters Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm facing the same issue! I'm in a wedding in October and am worried to order my dress soon!
  • helenkayj
    helenkayj Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I ordered my wedding dress in the size I was in at the time (a 22). My seamstress had to take it in to a size 16. These women can work miracles if you get the right one. Ask around for the best seamstress in town and paying the extra money to get it to fit you will be worth it in the end... and it feels AWESOME when you tell people that the seamstress had to take your dress in 4 sizes!!!