ideal protein diet

Options
I heard a couple of ladies talking about this last night in one of my classes.
She mentioned the food wasn't great either, I'm thinking to myself.
Why would you not want to eat something that even tastes good/satisfies you?
I really had to hold my breath to not say anything, it could have turned into some kind of argument.

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Why would you not want to eat something that even tastes good/satisfies you?

huh?
  • Sarareneephoto
    Sarareneephoto Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm just saying that if you can lose weight a healthy way AND eat things you like, why would you try to lose weight with the food they offer that tastes like crap?
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    One of my coworkers is on this diet. She can only eat certain foods and not exercise as much as she use to. She has to buy their food and cannot even chew gum, all of this for 6 mos. Sometimes she says."when I can finally eat this or eat that." I say more power to her if it works but for me I have tried these types of diets and restrictions make me want it more, I have more self control when I ask myself is it worth it. Eating right, exercise, and moderation has helped me overall. I don't want to fall off the ban wagon and try to eat "normal" after the diet is over.
  • charlesb22
    charlesb22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sometimes she says."when I can finally eat this or eat that."

Terrible attitude to diet! I'd say when her super restrictive diet is "over" she's just going to binge like crazy on all her old favourites, and regain the weight. Sounds like she needs MFP in her life!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    (Nutritious, well-balanced meals and snacks in sensible portions + adequate hydration + moderate exercise) x perseverance = success that is obtainable AND sustainable.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Ohhh the negatives were in strange places in the sentence and ended up rather confusing. I get it.

Yes. Eat tasty things. If you eat gross things you won't like it, won't stick with it, and won't win. We all want to win, right? :) You have the right idea.