P90X, INSANITY, BRAZIL BUTT LIFT, OR TURBO FIRE?

Options
I take Zumba classes twice a week. I have the KK FIYJBF dvd collection (don't do it that often though). I was wondering out of 4 programs listed above, what ones are worth the investment? Which are the most fun? Thanks!

Replies

• thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I can really only vouch for Turbo Fire since I haven't done any of the other ones. But Turbo Fire is pretty awesome! It's loads of fun and it's a great and challenging workout.
  • cms6300
    cms6300 Posts: 163
    Options
    I've done insanity and p90x - I prefer insanity. First four weeks average 40 minutes per wkout. Last four - just over 50.
    Both are great.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I've done insanity and p90x - I prefer insanity. First four weeks average 40 minutes per wkout. Last four - just over 50.
    Both are great.

How does insanity differ from p90x? Is insanity mainly like the plyometrics in P90x with some variation? I've debated on giving it a go but haven't done a ton of research yet.
  • cms6300
    cms6300 Posts: 163
    Options
    Insanity is heavy cardio - no equipment needed. P90x is a combo of cardio and weight training. You need pull up bar and dumbells or you can use the bands instead.
  • nu2012
    nu2012 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Insanity is heavy cardio - no equipment needed. P90x is a combo of cardio and weight training. You need pull up bar and dumbells or you can use the bands instead.

Is insanity mainly plyometrics? I was planning on starting insanity in about two weeks but I have a foot injury so plyometrics is little difficult as of now.
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I just started BBL, and it's really tough cause I can't do lunges (bad knee). but I really like the program! keep in mind it only works a certain area of your body compared to the other three. as for those, I've heard a lot of good things about turbo fire. people who got bored in p90x or insanity said they didn't in turbo fire, but it's always personal preference! :)
  • bbcoachkeith
    Options
    I would say it depends on what your goals are, and what you prefer doing in a workout. If you prefer cardio, then something like Insanity or TurboFire is the way to go. Both are very different in the kind of cardio they focus on, however. IMO, TurboFire gives you the same calorie burn but in a less intense series of workouts, if that makes sense? If you like a well balanced program of both cardio with weight training and yoga to improve flexibility, then P90X is the way to go. BBL is great for targeting your midsection, abs / butt, but is a bit lower intensity. What are your goals / preferences?
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have only done Insanity and P90X, but they are completely different programs. In Insanity, its major cardio, like I can barely breathe cardio. P90X is alot of weightlifting so it just depends where your at right now.
  • shalinimunjal
    shalinimunjal Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm doing BBL after finishing the 30Day shred. It is a fun workout but as others said, it's not whole body. Targets abs, butt, thighs mainly and that is the area I need major help with.

I vote for P90X as I've always heard combo of cardio & weights is most effective way to work out. I'm not much of a cardio lover as it is. I've done P90 before but not P90X. It's on my list of things to do once I lose some weight.
  • whitneyerin7
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's input! keep them coming!

I would like to tone up all around, but esp my arms, stomach (and lose the muffin top). I feel like I'd enjoy the BBL because of the lower body workouts, but I'd like to get a full workout too.
  • smccb
    smccb Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am on week 5 of Turbo Fire. I am 35, 5'3" and was 136 lbs. when I started. I am now at 126 lbs....and a couple of inches off all around.

I was skeptical at first, and worried that I would lose what little muscle definition I had - simply because Turbo Fire is mostly cardio. On the contrary, not only did I lose the weight, but the definition in my arms, legs, and core is AMAZING - I have never been so toned. That is primarily what it seems to target. Oh yeah, and my muffin top is gone! (I had a baby 6 months ago, so this is a huge deal for me!)

The workouts are so much fun. I used to love/hate working out. Now I love/love it!

Good luck!

Sarah
  • crixmix
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's input! keep them coming!

I would like to tone up all around, but esp my arms, stomach (and lose the muffin top). I feel like I'd enjoy the BBL because of the lower body workouts, but I'd like to get a full workout too.

BBL is kinda fun, the cardio moves is kinda like taking a dance class. I always do the 30 day shred before or after though because I personally feel like it's a better workout. Have you done the 30 day shred? If you have and enjoy that, then may p90x is better...I shoulda went that route instead of BBL.

If you don't know what you like, go purchase a cheap cardio DVD and something like the shred and try them out...it will give you an idea of what type of workout YOU will enjoy.
  • dance_fit
    dance_fit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Zumba, and I'm thinking of getting a gym membership again just so I can go to it. I was trying the at home workouts for awhile now.

I've done p90x and Insanity and didn't like either. They really didn't help me lose weight even though my fitness level went up, and I could tell that my body composition was changing, it wasn't what I was looking for. I also found that I got bored really easily with them because you do the same workouts in the same order week after week. Insanity in particular uses the same moves in multiple workouts. It was very high impact and they went so fast I couldn't do them without sacrificing form which wasn't the point.