LOST 40 POUNDS BUT NOW CHEATING

Options
OK WELL I HAVE LOST 40 POUNDS SO FAR USING MYFITNESSPAL BUT IN THE LAST 2 MONTHS I HAVE BEEN JUST EATING ANYTHING I WISH AND TRUST ME IT HAS BEEN A LOT. ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP ME??? I DONT WANT TO GAIN ALL THE WEIGHT BACK!!

Replies

• musicisluvxo
    musicisluvxo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    oh my, im sorry to hear that you are straying!

alright, so what I would do, is stick to inputting your food, and the number of calories you are intaking, thats helping me out ALOT, so im sure that you aren't adding all your calories, and thats why you might be straying, but stay within your limit of calories. you can do it!!!

40 pounds is GREAT! just keep it off, and you will be fabulous.

:bigsmile:
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    What is going on in your life? Why are you eating? It's been 2 months so I'm thinking something is going on with you, if only subsconsciously.

Get out some paper & start writing to try & figure out (if you don't know already) why you are doing this to yourself?

For many people being overweight is not just about food & exercise. There are issues we have to overcome: lonliness, depression, job loss, death, sickness etc.

40 lbs loss is AWESOME, see if you can figure this out & get back on track

here's a little inspirational video to boost you when you're feeling low

http://www.maniacworld.com/Inspirational-Movie-Speeches.html
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I've been hovering at about 55 lbs lost for about 6 months now. I, too, have been "straying". I know when I do it, I even talk about it ... "I know I shouldn't eat this."

I almost feel this sense of entitlement. For so many years I was heavy and overweight and felt like people judged every bite I took. Now that I'm slimmer, don't look so fat anymore, I know people aren't judging what I eat anymore.

I can't offer you advice, as I'm struggling with the same issue and obviously don't know the answer. I just keep logging my food and exercise. The one good thing that's coming out of it is that I know I can maintain! :smile:
  • hushmonkey1234
    Options
    make sure that you are logging all your food,

plan your meals and log before you eat to see if you should lower your portion, or if you should eat something different!

You have done a great job 40 lbs is no little feat Keep up the good work.:flowerforyou:
  • TOLENTINO03
    TOLENTINO03 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH .... IM GLAD THERE ARE OTHERS OUT THERE THAT CAN RELATE TO ME <3 IM GOING TO THE DOCTORS THIS MONDAY MAYBE SHE CAN DO SOMETHING FOR ME . SOME PEOPLE SAY MAYBE IM DEPRESSED BUT IDK WHAT FEELING DEPRESSED IS LOL IT COULD BE JUST BORD UM. BUT BEST WISHES 2 YOU AND THANKS FOR THE ADVICE !!! <3 MONIQUE
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I too struggle with this. I lost 30 pounds and have maintained that weight for a year. I joined MFP to lose 10-15 pounds more. What is hard for me is that we aren't done dieting when we reach a certain number. Maintaining our weight takes as much work as losing it does. Most people tend to go back to old habits once they reach their goal weight. What helps me is thinking about how hard I have worked to lose the weight and how I don't want to be back at square one again. I set a weight that I can't go over. Hope this helps! Keep it up; you've come too far and you can do it.
  • dantell13
    dantell13 Posts: 71
    Options
    I did the same thing. Got down 38 pounds and then went wild. Now back up a bunch but now I am back on track. It took the Doctor telling me that my blood pressure and bad Cholesterol is back up. Got to get to 185.
    David