I want running friends

Options
If you like to run like me, you better believe I want you to add me! Motivating each other is key! :)

Replies

• Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can call me a runner just yet but I'm working on building myself up to that point.

I started walking faithfully and I'm now doing more of a walk/run. It feels great! Eventually my plan is to be a complete run! I even want to run a small 5K race just to say I did it! :)
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can call me a runner just yet but I'm working on building myself up to that point.

I started walking faithfully and I'm now doing more of a walk/run. It feels great! Eventually my plan is to be a complete run! I even want to run a small 5K race just to say I did it! :)

why wait? you can do it now. start slow. i only started running about 5 years ago. try a mile first and slowly work yourself up to 5k. I think i did it in about 3 months.
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I discovered a love for running....just finished the Couch 2 5k program...now working on running 10k....
  • helenkayj
    helenkayj Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm there!!!! I don't know if you would consider me a runner. I follow the Galloway program (www.jeffgalloway.com) but I'm training to run/walk/run a marathon in July.
  • Jessica0982
    Options

why wait? you can do it now. start slow. i only started running about 5 years ago. try a mile first and slowly work yourself up to 5k. I think i did it in about 3 months.

I am doing it now. It's just a gradual process. I run as far as I can and when I need a break, I push myself a smidge further. Then walk until I'm ready to go again. Over the past week I've already increased a bit where I'm running longer distances. It really does feel awesome to go a little further each time!

I'm just getting sore in my shins...any tips for that?
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Add me. :)
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Feel free to send a request, I did C25K about 15 months ago and will be running my first full marathon in March of this year.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    running my first half-marathon in June. :bigsmile: I run daily and love it!
  • Jessica0982
    Options
    Awesome! I love seeing all these "First marathon" posts. I find it very inspiring! :)
  • Simoree
    Options
    http://foothealth.about.com/od/exercisefeet/ss/ShinSplintExerc.htm

I Googled "preventing shin splints" and that came up. I'm currently working on the C25K program to get back into running.
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options

I am doing it now. It's just a gradual process. I run as far as I can and when I need a break, I push myself a smidge further. Then walk until I'm ready to go again. Over the past week I've already increased a bit where I'm running longer distances. It really does feel awesome to go a little further each time!

I'm just getting sore in my shins...any tips for that?

sent u a message RE shins
  • ckzimase
    Options
    o love running..my exercise routine is mainly running!
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I've been running since August. I love it.
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've been running for a couple of years now and love it. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • casschasity1
    Options
    I just bought a treadmill like 2 months ago and i was doing a speed walk i guess you would say...but i was doing it for 30 min. everyday and i loved it. but i got discouraged because my bf turned my workout room into "the work room" and had his car parts in there. But i would like to start back on the treadmill, i get so worm out from running, i feel like my body just gives up, but i would love to run a 5k, but to get in shape for it would be extreme lol but please add me, i need motivation. and love to motivate/ inspire people as well:)