drinking 8oz of water a day

Options
i just started my diet and already i've lost 8 pounds in one week with a little help from my diet doctor... my problem is i can't drink the necessary amount of water 8 CUPS a day that the body needs. i keep nothing but water in the fridge so i won't get tempted but i find myself not drinking anything if i only see water. i don't want to over do it with the juice and diet soda because i know i need more than that. i need help or a trick to get myself to drink more water!!! PLEASE HELP I'M LOSING WATER.:drinker:

Replies

• mamatjtr
    mamatjtr Posts: 20
    Options
    i just started my diet and already i've lost 8 pounds in one week with a little help from my diet doctor... my problem is i can't drink the necessary amount of water 8 CUPS a day that the body needs. i keep nothing but water in the fridge so i won't get tempted but i find myself not drinking anything if i only see water. i don't want to over do it with the juice and diet soda because i know i need more than that. i need help or a trick to get myself to drink more water!!! PLEASE HELP I'M LOSING WATER.:drinker:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I put slim quick powder packs in mine.
  • november1982
    Options
    Special K 2 O Water is great!:drinker:
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i really like flavored mineral waters, like crystal geyser or calistoga. they are carbonated, so i don't miss soda, and they're flavored. the best part is they have no calories, so i can drink 2 18 oz bottles a day and never crave a coke!
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    i carry bottled water everywhere i go.. and just sip it constantly.:tongue:
  • alyfin
    alyfin Posts: 103
    Options
    I drink at least 1 full 16 oz glass with every meal. It has an added bonus that it helps me not eat as much.:drinker:
  • racoon1
    racoon1 Posts: 78
    Options
    I agree with jbuehrer. I used to hate drinking water until I started drinking it from bottles. Just 4 bottles equals the 8 8oz glass requirement. BINGO, hydrated.

P.S. HOT WATER AND DECAF HERBAL TEA COUNTS
  • sweetnsassyfied
    sweetnsassyfied Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    At the begining water was my biggest hurdle too. I purchased a water bottle that I knew with 3 refills I would get my daily allotment in. And I told myself ( everytime I picked that bottle up)... I can drink 3 of anything if it will help me lose weight! :bigsmile:

What ended up happening to me was, I lost track of how many times I did or didn't refill it. :blushing: My solution; I took 3 red rubber bands and 1 green one placing them around my bottle. (3 red, Mandatory- the green, Bonus! ) Everytime I finished a bottle I moved a rubber band up. Took the guess work. :wink:

If you find your getting bored with the taste or non-taste :laugh: , try filling a pitcher and adding sliced lemons, limes, or oranges to it. I found a handful of berries works well too if you give them a little pinch first. IE; strawberries, raspberries...

There's a gazillion different ways to get that water in... Use them all! :laugh:

Congrats on your first 8 & Good luck to you on the rest of your journey!
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    Congratulations on your initial success.

The only thing to remember about the water is that the number of glasses and the size of those glasses is a general rule of thumb devised in the 1940's and not adjusted since. The real issue is keeping yourself hydrated to the point that your body can use those neutral fluids to flush your system out. If you don't keep yourself hydrated the down side will eventually be constipation and stomach cramps big time later on.

Everyone has their suggestions that work for them to bring in these fluids and you should experiment on finding your "happy" spot with it too. When water becomes boring for me I will add a bit of fresh lemon to make it more palatable but I also make sure that I have a full glass or bottle of water at my lunch and evening meals too.

Good Luck. Bob
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    I like celestial seasonings herbal tea:drinker: . But honestly, if your pee is pretty clear with minimal odour you've probably been hydrating yourself enough, so don't fret on the magic 8:wink: , you also get hydration from foods especially vegetables, fruit, milk and soups etc:smile: ..
  • mamatjtr
    Options
    THANKS EVERYBODY FOR READING MY WEAKNESS AND GIVING SUCH GREAT IDEAS FOR DRINKING WATER I'VE ALREADY TRYED LEMON WATER WITH DINNER AND IT WAS OK! AND TOMORROW AT LUNCH MAYBE ORANGES IN MY BOTTLE OF DASANI? I STARTED BUYING A BOTTLE 1LITER AND TRYING TO FINISH IT BEFORE MY WORK DAY IS OVER. 8:30AM TO 4:30PM. AND ANOTHER WHILE COOKING DINNER AND BEFORE I GO TO BED. I HOPE THIS WORKS FOR ME... THANKS GUYS I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST:smile: P.S I LIVE IN PHILADELPHIA DOES ANYONE KNOW A GOOD PLACE TO GO WORK OUT (NOT BALLY'S PLEASE) OR ANYONE WHO LIVES IN PHILLY LOOKING FOR A WALKING OR JOGGING PARTNER I ALSO HAVE TWO CHILDREN 3 & 8 BIKE RIDING SOUNDS FUN TO.:bigsmile:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I use Alacer Electro mix, "makes any water into sports water"; it's sugar-free. You can buy online cheap.
  • Chrissi073
    Chrissi073 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Lemon is good but Lime is awesome and the green totally cheers you up.:drinker:
  • Chrissi073
    Chrissi073 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Lemon is good but Lime is awesome and the green totally cheers you up.:drinker:
  • mamatjtr
    Options
    thanks, good luck on your 15 to go you can do it:smile:
  • mamatjtr
    Options
    thanks maybe i"ll do green at work, i need the pick me up looking and working on braces and dental work all day:grumble:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    WAter is hard to get used to when you are used to sweet drinks. I weaned myself off sugary drinks by mixing koolaid or lemondade into my water. I started with 3/4 lemonade (or drink of your choice) and 1/4 water and then 1/2 & 1/2 then down to 1/4 lemonade and 3/4 water. I also bought 8 oz cups so I could see how little water it takes every hour or so to get down.

NOw all i drink is water or unsweetened iced tea. I have to have the water ice cold, the colder the better. Some people prefer warm (ugh to me). You will get used to it and weaning yourself to straight water will only take a couple of weeks and it won't keep you from loosing weight.

:drinker:
  • mamatjtr
    Options
    thanks ,i drink a good amount of koolade now and at first i thought it would be ok to drink it everyday until i found out how much sugar was going in it so now i try to stay away but i always go back but i'll try to do little by little until its just water. THANKS
  • PrincessRitty
    Options
    At the begining water was my biggest hurdle too. I purchased a water bottle that I knew with 3 refills I would get my daily allotment in. And I told myself ( everytime I picked that bottle up)... I can drink 3 of anything if it will help me lose weight! :bigsmile:

What ended up happening to me was, I lost track of how many times I did or didn't refill it. :blushing: My solution; I took 3 red rubber bands and 1 green one placing them around my bottle. (3 red, Mandatory- the green, Bonus! ) Everytime I finished a bottle I moved a rubber band up. Took the guess work. :wink:

If you find your getting bored with the taste or non-taste :laugh: , try filling a pitcher and adding sliced lemons, limes, or oranges to it. I found a handful of berries works well too if you give them a little pinch first. IE; strawberries, raspberries...

There's a gazillion different ways to get that water in... Use them all! :laugh:

Congrats on your first 8 & Good luck to you on the rest of your journey!

This is such a great idea, i have the same probelm with forgeting, but i started doing this yesterday, and its great!!!

Haha Siunds silly, but maybe add some hot salsa to one of your meals, that way youll need the water to qwench your thirt, and hot Mouth :smile:

other than that, ive just been filling up on Ribena really light, Its literally like 7 cals for the bottle, and some others are even less, with no added sugars.. Your winning

__x