hello everyone!!

Options
Hello everyone Im new to this hoping this makes an impact!!! I been working out for a month now I've lost 10 pounds so far but I am far from my goal!! I need to loose about 30 more pounds. What types of exercise do you all do? I currently do zumba on the wii and a little bit of the biggest loser cardio max workout when I feel like killing myself a little :laugh: Hope to add new friends as I go feel free to add me Im under Selina1984. Good luck to you all and I look forward to making new friends!!!!

Replies

• rlbwalker
    rlbwalker Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. That is so encouraging. I have not found an exercise routine that sticks. But I do enjoy walking. I need more than walking though. One way to look at your success so far is that you are 1/4 of the way there!! YAY for you!!!:smile:
  • kennithya85
    Options
    Hello.. I do the P90X it is hard. But works. Good Luck on Weight Loss Journey.
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    Try these sites:

www.myomytv.com
    www.bodyrock.tv
    www.diet.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cooking-ideasHomemade-Healthy-Foods/179121125503371
    Good luck!
  • brit7880
    brit7880 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.. I've been using it for about 8 months now and have lost 62lbs! I feel so in control while counting calories. I use my elliptical, kettlebell, or do the biggest loser cardio max video. I like to mix things up so I don't get bored. Good luck!
  • jvorrei
    Options
    Hi Selina! Way to go on the weight loss :) 10 pounds is *great*, especially in a month. Seems like you're on the right track.

How do you like the Wii Zumba? I have a Wii, but haven't really used it for weight loss before.
  • melisjackson
    Options
    hello too! I signed up about a week ago, then kinda peetered out a bit, but now I am back. I lost about 100 lbs, then have gained about 30 lbs. back SOOO time to stop the food train and start the exercise and healthy lifestyle for good. I had a theory of eat to live, not live to eat, and also I had quit eating cookies and drinking soda and really watching my intake. I also had a period of just not eating much due to my dad's passing and then a serious of emotional blows. No appetite, but now I am super happy, eat when I what and kinda what I want! Funny though because I dont feel it is a lot, but I dont really exercise. Again, theres a reason/excuse which is now I have two discs herniated in my neck ~ ouch! But the point is I am not giving up.

Hope to learn great heart healthy recipes, and how others balance life and incorporate good choices! Guess thats about it for now.

Thanks, Melissa
  • Selina1984
    Options
    Thank you for the encouraging words and advice!! I certainly appreciate it!!
    Jvorrei- I mostly work out on the wii I do zumba daily and it is a BLAST. Im not coordinated to go to an actual class so I am able to set my own class up and I do it daily. If I get bored with it I do Just Dance as well they have a just sweat option where u speed shuffle through the songs. There are quiet a few fun ones to do on the WII I would definately give it a shot its well worth it I feel.
  • Selina1984
    Options
    I know someone that I used to work with that did the P90X he loved it honestly it scares me lol Awesome job on it though I heard it really kicks your butt!!
  • bjthompson09
    Options
    Welcome.
    Good question to ask, I go to gym that has a large variety of classes, I do a TRX and Kettlebell class. It is like a boot camp that is coached by a trainer. It helps to keep me motivated by being in a group. I also decided that I wanted to hit a goal not only weight wise but also fitness wise and last fall started training for a 5k. (3.1 miles) This helped me to love to run and have now done 2 and I am training for a half marathon.
    I suggest joining a group setting workout 1-2 times a week to help keep you motivated and keep it fun.
    Good luck.
  • ambermcclure
    Options
    Hi, I am new to MFP too and have really enjoyed it. I have been logging on consistently for a week now and have been going to the gym 5 days a week for a month without cheating. It feels good, but I now I have a long way to go. My job has an educational benefit, I don't pay for the gym or classes, so I take boxing class two days per week and work out three days. I have two partners, one who is almost 20 years younger than me and the other who is almost 20 years older. It is a good mix because we challenge each other even though we are working at our own pace. I am here to make friends, be an encourager and be encouraged. Glad to meet you all. If you would like to add me, I am under ambermcclure.