Zumba

Options
Anyone doing Zumba with MFP? I tried Zumba a couple of times when I had my gym enrollment. I am thinking of purchasing the home Zumba DVD. This is definitely not boring and I think this is something that would continue to motivate me to my goal.

Replies

• missmeliss169
    missmeliss169 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I take a class one night a week at my gym and one to two other nights at a dance studio in addtion to my regular gym workouts. I recently ordered the Zumba for the Wii and I love it. I have never done the DVD's but I heard they are great. My suggestion is to see if anyone offers Zumba classes outside of the gym, it's always more motivating to do it with other people :) If not, I am sure the DVD's will be great. I also have the Zumba toning sticks that shake like maracas and add intensity to your workout!
  • peborek
    peborek Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba, what a blast to have fun while burning tons calories. I am 57 and Zumba 2 to 4 days a week - keeps the weight off !!
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I take Zumba classes at a local studio 3-4x a week and love it!
  • bfl2010
    bfl2010 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just got my Zumba DVD set! So excited to try it tomorrow. Question: How do we calculate how many calories burn doing zumba? I didn't see this in the exercise data base.
  • courtgosvener
    courtgosvener Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Which set do you want to get. I haven't got one yet because I hear the 2nd to the newest is the best, the "Exhilarate" has gotten mixed reviews.
  • msmileyface
    msmileyface Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    you really won't be able to know the calorie loss unless you get a heart rate monitor and track it yourself. I would really recommend this.. I do zumba at home on XBox and when I see that in 25 minutes I burned 300 calories, it is super motivating. Heart rate monitors are great!
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I do the Wii Zumba, and love it. I take the Wii calculations and the zumba website calcs, and they are pretty similar. But I don't have a HRM, so I can't be sure.
  • Berkchelle
    Berkchelle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Look on the internet. I googled "How many calories does Zumba burn?" The website had me fill in my weight and how long I zumba, and it told me how many calories I would burn.
  • torshi
    torshi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I actually just took my first Zumba class today and it was amazing. I really like it, normally I don't like workout classes cuz I feels silly if I miss a step, but in this one it doesn't matter. Sadly I can only do it once a week. I might look in to buying it xbox or ps3 if they have it.
  • soteira
    soteira Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    to know how many calories you burn with Zumba just go to http://www.zumbacalories.com/

I love, love, love Zumba!!! good luck :happy:
  • fatgirlzrule2
    fatgirlzrule2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba!! I don't have it on Wii or DVDs, I went on youtube, found videos of songs/gyms that I liked (just search for zumba and go from there). I made a playlist that is 25 minutes worth of workout and I do it almost every day. For burned calories, I went to this website
    http://www.zumbacalories.com
    and then entered the amount into create exercise tab. It calculates for however many minutes I do that day, and it also adjusts for weight loss.