x
  • BrendaPetersen
    BrendaPetersen Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    x
  • spazwgeo
    spazwgeo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I really hate it when people don't use the right form of 'to' or 'too'. I know it shouldn't bother me but it does!!
  • Uhmanduh
    Uhmanduh Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I teach middle school keyboarding/word processing/desktop publishing. Do you really want me to get started? :laugh:

JM

:laugh:
  • prbyjennyd
    prbyjennyd Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    "you's"

OH HAIR NO!!!! My in-laws say, AND SPELL this all the time!!! Lol, I thought they were the only people on the planet that use that terminology!! Drives me BATTY!!!!!!!
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Everyone makes errors when posting, emailing, writing letters etc but if you are going to point out other peoples errors it is always advisable to proof read your own work first.

Everyone has thoughts about the OP's post, but if you're going to comment on it, it is always advisable to read the rest of the thread to see if someone (or several someones) already beat you to it.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why this thread (and pretty much any thread, really) upsets people so much. Is it because everyone on MFP is hungry?

Yes. That's exactly why.

Also, speaking of grammatical errors that irritate me when I'm hungry: to and too.

Lol...Ok... I have two:)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I am by far the grammar police (since I'm not perfect!), but there are some things that really bug me when people don't use correct grammar. Things like:

There - as in "It's over there"
    Their - as in 'It's their thing over there"
    They're - as in "They're over there with their thing"
    Loose - as in "These pants feel loose now that I've lose weight"
    Lose - as in "I'd like to lose some more weight so these pants fall off"

Got any grammar irritations?
    Listen hear, their is no knead two bring this up, looser :P haha *mind blow*
  • bootsandaj
    Options
    irregardless-it's not a word and it is a double negative so then it is redundant to even say it.
    got- drives me crazy
    you's/yous-I have a close friend who has always said this and it is really hard not to comment when says it. Luckily she doesn't write it.
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    You remind me of posters on law school admissions online forums...but it was at least more appropriate there than here.

EDIT: the OP that is.
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    more like grammar nazi.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I've eaten breakfast and made a pita peanutbutter for lunch... so I've already consumed enough food for a groan adult...
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I have a bigger issue with the length of posts. I have ADHD....get to the point already.