too much protein

Options
I struggle to balance my numbers at the end of the day. I always run over the protein maximum, but have extra calories to use up at the end of the day. I've been having 2 ounce portions of chicken for dinner nightly, and that is half of my protein allotment almost. I need ideas for lunch and dinner foods that are low in protein.

Replies

• tbloor
    tbloor Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Based on reading I've done, and the opinions of most of the experienced people on MFP, the auto settings for protein here are low. Don't worry about going over.
  • Zardpack
    Zardpack Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I posted the same question a few days back and heard the same thing... the settings are very low. So, I didn't make any adjustments. I don't eat a lot of meat but still went over every day.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    chicken topped with flavored powder.

Kidding, how much over do you go?
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    For the average 5'5" person you probably should be taking in about 100g-120g protein.
    Most will say 1g per lean body pound.
    In my experience doing macro numbers that averages out to 25%-30% daily calories.
    Its possible that you have carbs set too high and fats/protein set too low!
    So go over in my opinion!
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    There is not such term: too much protein. Not scientifically proven. Not for people with healthy kidneys.
  • hopenevins
    hopenevins Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If I have 2 oz of leftover chicken for lunch, and another 2 oz at dinner, along with little bits of protein here and there in random foods, I'm always in the red!
  • epurucker82
    epurucker82 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have heard that women can only process 30 grams of protein at a time....not sure what I believe on the subject matter at this point. I always eat well over 100 grams a day with my protein shake in the morning and breakfast I'm already over. You have to get your calories in so I don't see why it can't be extra protein that will keep you full longer...right?