Any Flight Attendants or similar "road warriors" out there?

Options
Hey all,

I'm a flight attendant and I do 4-day trips. I can only fit so much food in my bag and only some hotels have refrigerators. Any suggestions on "travel friendly" meals and snacks?
Thanks!

PS I'm in need of some friendly motivators :)

Replies

• jsharpnack
    jsharpnack Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am a district manager for a fiance company and am on the road 5 days per week for hours on end traveling from location to location. I will do a mc d's fruit n yogurt parfait -140 calories I believe, plain baked potatoe from wendys-60 calories, chicken soft tco from the al fresco menu at taco bell ect. I take secial K bars and fiber one granola bars-they are 90 calories and fill me up. I take an apple or banana when I can as well. I understand how difficult it is, believe me.....add me as a friend if you would like
  • BeachBoundMommy
    Options
    You can "friend" me or whatever it's called on here ;) My husband is a pilot so I totally get your situation. He struggles with the very same issue. I'll list some of the foods that he's taken in the past:

packets of oatmeal (he'd bring a cup and spoon) and use hot tap water if there was no microwave
    packets of tuna salad (I think Star Kist makes them)
    granola or nutrition bars
    packets of trail mix or nuts (trader joes has some prepackaged)
    pb&j and bread
    cup o' soup packets
    shelf stable meals (like the healthy choice pasta dishes)

He also will walk to a nearby gas station or convenience store and buy food rather than going to the hotel restaurant or a fast food place. He'll buy fruit and a sandwich or something like that. Also, don't forget to save some of your free breakfasts from the hotels to eat later ;) They usually have fruit and oatmeal packets available.

I'll keep thinking for you... any thing you do that I haven't listed here? I could use some new ideas for him! LOL
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm usually on the road for 3 weeks a month. I have the advantage that it's usually 3 weeks straight at the same location though. When flying, I usually stick to unsalted pretzels. I agree with it being tougher when flying, my worst days are always when flying. Between bad airport food, being off schedule and trying to maintain my sleep pattern, I am always extremely hungry on days I fly.
    Also, don't forget to save some of your free breakfasts from the hotels to eat later ;) They usually have fruit and oatmeal packets available.

I always steal a box or two of cereal if they have a kind I like at the hotel. I just have to remember to do ti the day before as I am usually gone before breakfast on travel days.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    morningstarluv is in Canada.
  • AshlLynnJ
    Options
    Thank you for the ideas & the question. I didn't even think about asking anyone about this:) I only travel 1-2 weeks a month at most but I have to stay on track :) Anyone feel free to add me as well, the more support, the better :happy: