NSV - Skin change

Options
Who else notices their skin gets a lot healthier when they start eating healthier? I've been incorporating a lot more fruits and veggies where I can, and the other night my boyfriend complimented me on how good my skin looks. :D Just a nice, big perk of getting healthier. Less makeup required too.

4452571.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I hate my skin, I'm still waiting for it to change. :grumble: My mom has weird skin too, red, blotchy, large pores.... I might just be doomed.
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    mine is looking better, except for the huge random zits that just pop up out of nowhere!!!
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My skin is better with the exception of that time of the month :)
  • saritabandita
    saritabandita Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That's funny... I was just thinking the same thing this morning. I was about to cover my face in make up and realized I didn't need it! I love this!
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Yeah, your integumentary system (hair, skin, nails) is a really good indicator of overall health. Most health problems will have some kind of sign that first shows up in some way on the surface. Most people just don't know what to look for until the problem gets bad. You are what you eat really, so if you put crap in it will show up on the surface long before a real health problem develops. Scary ain't it?
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    The same happened to me. I used to suffer from TERRIBLE acne, but it cleared up after I started eating properly!
  • roadtripper8
    Options
    I have noticed a huge change in my skin too. And my nails have gotten stronger and a healthier shade of pink!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    upping water intake helps too.
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    upping water intake helps too.

This is true! MFP makes me feel guilty if I don't have that water gauge filled at the end of the day...it's forced me to be more dedicated to it.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    My skin has never been that great. My acne is not as bad...way smaller and heals faster, but I don't see anything significant because my skin goes through cycles. For a couple weeks it will break out and look blotchy. Other weeks it will be clear as a bell and glow. IDK!!! It is what it is.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think water helps skin condition tremendously.
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    That's funny... I was just thinking the same thing this morning. I was about to cover my face in make up and realized I didn't need it! I love this!
    Same here, it's such a great feeling to go au naturel!
  • kirbykez
    kirbykez Posts: 122
    Options
    I use to love my concealer.. Half the time I never even put make up on these days (Apart from a certain time of the month)
  • charlesb22
    charlesb22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hooray! It's all these little things that just make yuo feel so good every day - make it easier to stick to your lifestyle!

I thought I was doomed to life with terrible skin - big red breakouts and blackheads all over nose/cheeks/chin plus blotchy skin that was both oily and dry. WAH!!! When I first started exercising more I got more pimples all over the place (chest, back YUCK!!!), and then after a couple of weeks I've noticed that the redness is gone - the big breakouts have disappeared, and the blackheads are on their way out - my pores are smaller and cleaner. And the best part is that my whole skin tone has evened up, so I don't feel like a leper anymore and feel much more confident to go out without makeup.

Here's to all of us being healthy, feeling great, and looking great to boot!
  • roadtripper8
    Options
    When I first started exercising more I got more pimples all over the place (chest, back YUCK!!!)

Oh! Totally having this problem right now :mad:
  • charlesb22
    charlesb22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    When I first started exercising more I got more pimples all over the place (chest, back YUCK!!!)

Well don't stress, I can tell you right now they cleared up in the first month. Hooray! I used my regular facial wash on my chest and back for about a week when they were bad. Hope yours clears up quickly too!
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I HAVE noticed this! If I get off track and start eating poorly, my skin breaks out! Gives me another reason to continue to eat a healthier diet!!!
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's the reason I gave up eating stuff that contains hydrogenated oil years ago.. for me hydrogenated fat = zit fuel. :noway:
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    Yep, that's the reason I gave up eating stuff that contains hydrogenated oil years ago.. for me hydrogenated fat = zit fuel. :noway:

Ha, not shocking! Although I have to say I don't really know what foods contain that...
  • mrsheavy
    mrsheavy Posts: 33 Member
    Options

me too i look hideous!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!