snacks for my dorm

Options
My mom is visiting me at college this weekend, and she's bringing me more food for my dorm room. I usually eat lunch and dinner in the dining hall, but I will occasionally eat in my room instead, and all of my snacks are eaten in my room. Do you have any good ideas for snacks/simple meals that I should ask her to bring? They need to be things that will not expire too quickly. My current list is:
-oatmeal
-peanut butter
-popcorn
-cheese sticks
-carrots
-bananas
-nuts
-yogurt
-soup

Replies

• ncnike23
    ncnike23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Almonds, pistacios, oranges
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Does your dorm have a big community freezer you can store stuff in? If so, I'd cross off the soup since they are usually FULL of sodium and have her bring some veggie or chicken broth and a bunch of veggies and make your own veggie or chicken noodle soup. Then buy freezer containers so you can reheat it and have it for more meals.

Trail mixes
    rice cakes
    bread
    pasta(if you have a community kitchen)
    red bell peppers
    hummus
    pita bread
  • xdaysbingefree
    xdaysbingefree Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    we unfortunately don't have a community freezer :(
    I have a mini-fridge in my room that I share with my two roommates, but no freezer.

I love trail mix though! I will definitely be adding it to my list! I also like the rice cakes idea
  • janetvbuchanan
    Options
    I like to keep peanut butter and raisins in my room. That way I can put them on crackers, apples, celery, or anything else that strikes my fancy. Just watch the peanut butter consumption...