To The Resolutioners

Options
Yeah you. I'm just here to say a few words. As much as people do complain about the cliche resolutioner, and despite all of us being snarky *kitten*, we do want to see you succeed. However, you should probably realize that this is a site for health and fitness; and losing (or gaining) weight at a healthy pace. Not for dropping X pounds in X days through eating excessively low calories. If you're in such a health situation where a very low calorie deficit (VLCD) is needed because of imminent health problems, then you should consult your doctor about that. However, this does not seem to be the case for the majority of people who want to eat this way.

Also, you'll be happy to know that there's a wealth of information already floating around this website. You can access a lot of it through the Search function, and through a group called "Unofficial MFP FAQ". While I'm sure this will fall mostly on deaf ears, I'd like to thank the newbies who do read and get something out of this little PSA.

The more you know.

Replies