Really struggling and need help

Options
Hi,

I had been at a stable weight of 121lbs so decided to join mfp to see if I could get down to 112lbs which is the weight I've always wanted to be (I'm 5ft 4). I have a bad habit of weighing myself everyday and instead of the numbers going down over the past couple of weeks on the scale I seem to be going up.

I'm logging my calories everyday and apart from going over last weekend I seem to have been roughly in the right ballpark of 1200 a day. I'm finding it really depressing and the scales are just making me miserable. I don't know how to get things moving in the right direction. I really enjoy my free weights workouts and am clearly getting stronger and I've started doing more cardio too in aerobics classes but I had hoped I would've lost a couple of pounds and so far nothing good has happened. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• mumofflea
    mumofflea Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi, try putting your scales out of sight and only weigh yourself once a week and try and do it at the same time of day.

Although you are within your calorie target try looking at the amount of sugars your having, even within fruit and veg.

Hope this has helped a bit feel free to add, also I have just started a blog and I'm putting receipts up feel free to have a look http://mumofflea.blogspot.com/
  • LastHopeForMe
    Options
    You should weight yourself once a week, as mumofflea said, as your weight can change +/- 1Kg in one day due to water or other.
    And... if you just started to do more sport, be careful not to believe your weight!

You'll build your muscles, so sometimes fat changes but muscles start to weight more, so no change can be seen by weight only.
    If you can, go to the gym or to a doctor to take measurement of your fat mass.
    =)