I Need fitness friends!

Options
Im a mom of two desperate to get in shape and i feel like ive tried everything but when i don't see results i just, give up. Tips, encouragement or anything positive anyone has to offer would be sooo appreciated!!! :)

Replies

• AngelEyes127
    Options
    I am a mom of 2 as well and am determined to get in shape, which is why I joined MFP. I found that I used to not eat enough calories a day, which was causing my body to go into a "starvation mode" so to speak and I stopped losing weight. Anything I did eat, would turn to fat because my body stored it that way because I didn't eat right.

My best suggestion would be to make sure you stay under your calories, but not under 1200, try to drink your 8 glasses of water a day, and I'm not sure how old the kids are, but if you can work in some type of activity (it could be even cleaning the house) most everything counts, make sure you log it in.

Feel free to friend me if you'd like. I will provide as much support as I can. Remember, we are all in this together! :)
  • ThickRick
    Options
    Dad of two, been watching what I have been eating for 3 weeks now, moderately active with my boys, cutting out my 2 glasses of wine in the evening (not today...) ), take weekends off but don't go overboard... have lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks!! I feel better about myself! Got motivated when I went to Dr. and he said at my weight of 220 then that I was .3 lbs into the "obese" category!!! That was hard to hear!!!! I have always been slim all my life except for the last 3 years and the weight just crept up on me. My goal is 190. I love the food tracker, it really makes you realize how much calories are in the foods I eat. Keep at it!!!
  • charrn66
    Options
    @cyrenamae - starting on this site is a great move! There are lots of encouraging folks trying to get in shape; and giving advice, encouragement, and support. Take it from a mom of 5, this is not easy! You can only do it for you though, and keep in mind, the healthier you are, the healthier your kids will be. They take their cues from you! Good Luck!
  • lilcmac22
    lilcmac22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend if it will help!
  • patyplascencia
    patyplascencia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, im a mom of 2 as well i wnt to lose somew weight too..... im just really tired of been fat.... i also need friends to encorage to lose weight....... maybe we can help each other...... give us tips..... and a lot stuff add me :)

16732690.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools