How many days a week do you workout?

Options

Replies

• Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    4 - 5 days... unless my knee gives out and then it depends on how bad it gets.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    About 6 days a week.. Well 5 if you don't count Yoga as a workout.
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    7 days, for at least an hour. Weekends I try to go twice a day, but my gym closes at 7 so it doesn't always work out.
    Going to start adding strength training soon, will likely add on before or after my existing gym time rather than specifying days.
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I've committed to 3 days a week 100%, no excuses, but this week i'm on track to hit 5. It all depends on my schedule and my hubbies schedule. I'll go as often as my life allows, but no less than 3 days a week.

I'm thinking about finding some home routines to use on the weekend since gym hours are not 24H on the weekend and child minding is only a couple hours in the morning. I'm thinking of something like 30DS or zumba workout DVD. That would put me to 5d/week 100% committed.
  • reeniesing
    reeniesing Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My goal is 6 days a week for no less than 20 minutes.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I try and do 6 gym classes plus C25k/30DS 5 mornings. It wouldn't bother me doing less as long as I made 4 classes. x
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    6 days and I travel on my off day so I at least get a good walk in on that day...
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    I walk for at least 3 miles a day, 6 days a week and do pilates 6 days a week for 30 minutes. I don't have access to a gym.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    2 lots of swimming

I also walk about an hour a day in fits and starts (to my daughter's school, to work etc)

And I ALWAYS walk up the escalators!

I am aiming for the kind of excercise that keeps me fit, counters the fact I like cake and I can keep going forever.....

I also do walking and cycling from time to time at the weekend (and for holidays).

It's modest by some people's standards but it works for me...
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    4 x 90-120 minutes including resistance and cardio to maintain with a smaller 5th workout if I'm really concentrating on getting the fat off.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Monday: Chest + Cardio
    Tuesday: Back + Calves + Cardio
    Wednesday: Legs + cardio
    Thursday: Shoulders + Traps + Cardio
    Friday: Arms + Cardio

Thats my weekly exercise routine and I chill on the weekends!! As I usually spend a minimum of 90minutes - 120 minutes on each of those days. On the odd occasion if I have energy to burn off I will go for a run or something on a saturday =]
  • jaguar101570
    Options
    It depends on what kind of exercise you are doing. I do heavy weight training 4 days per week and cardio 1 day per week. If you are doing resistance training you don't want to work out more than 4-5 days per week. Whether you want to gain weight or lose weight you want to build lean muscle mass and you must get 2-3 days of proper rest to do so. Workouts should last no longer than 1.5 hours or you are at risk of a cortisol problem. If you are doing light 20-30 minute cardio daily you can do 5-6 days per week.
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    6 is my intent, could be 5 or 7 depending on circumstances
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    6 with an active rest day. I am an active person with 5 kids to run after and in our house the accepted rule is - no car unless it's more than 5km with kids or 10km on my own. so we do a lot of incidental exercise.
    Monday, Wednesday and Friday I do about 1-1.5 hrs if resistance and 30min of cardio, Tuesday and Thursday I do 1hr of cardio machine or a run, thursday i also do a fit ball clasd and Saturday a nice 10km ride and Sunday a 10km run. if I had more time I would probably do more...it's addictive!
  • lackofnames3
    lackofnames3 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    5 days a week .plus I go back a second time twice a week.
  • Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    6 days a week.
    Monday or usually Friday is my rest day.
  • mauigyrl
    mauigyrl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I do 30DS 5-6 days a week and sometimes throw in a different workout when I don't. I do cardio 6 days a week between 60 to 120 minutes. My Elliptical is out of commission til the new part comes in so I have been borrowing an antique of a stationary bike which is the most uncomfortable contraption to be on for an hour.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    7 days a week....walk around 50 miles a week
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Split training most days 6 days a week taking a rest day once a week....
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    6-7 days a week as well :)