Breakfast ideas?

Options
Hi again guys!

I'm new in my journey and want to vary my menu...

I'm looking for quick and easy breakfast ideas... ideally with no bread and including protein.

I usually eat 1/2 avocado mashed with 1 medium-sized hard boiled egg plus an orange in the morning... LOVE it, however it may be good to alternate and have other breakfast ideas...

I bring my breakfast to the office and eat it there... any suggestions??

Replies

• Chickie0999
    Options
    Thank you for your help!
  • Fitness_4_Jess
    Fitness_4_Jess Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love having some greek yogurt with honey and berries. It is a nice sweet treat that keeps me full for a long time. I will also make egg while omeletes with diced onion, diced tomato, and spinach. When in a pinch and running out the door I will have some dry cereal. The Post Great Grains is a decent type cereal. At 200 calories for 3/4 a cup it doesn't seem like much, but it will fill you up.

Good luck with the variety!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I usually have one of the following:

Whole wheat toast with smear of peanut butter topped with sliced banana & a hard boiled egg & coffee
    Bran flake cereal with skim milk and fruit & coffee
    Hard boiled egg & whole wheat toast with a dab of butter & coffee

I actually made some Overnight Oats tonight, so I'm going to try them in the morning and see how I like them. :)
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    New addiction: theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2009/10/party-time-confetti-bites.html

Basically buy egg whites, chop up your favorite veggies, and divide it in a muffin tray. Bake at 350 for 20ish min and keep in the fridge all week - zap when you want to eat.
  • Lori_Henz
    Lori_Henz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I make a protein shake with Visalus or Herbalife protein, 8 oz water, 1/3 cup steel cut oats and 1 cup frozen blueberries chopped and all mixed up in a blender. Love it!
  • DanielleDavids
    DanielleDavids Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Smoothies (My go-to breakfast: 1/2 c. greek yogurt, 1 cup frozen fruit, 1 TBSP peanut butter, 1 scoop protein powder), protein pancakes, overnight oats in a jar, greek yogurt with fruit & nuts, omelettes.

If you are taking your breakfast to work, overnight oats might be a great option! (Google it for a ton of recipes) I just mix it all in a ziploc container the night before & then you can just grab the container as you are heading out the door. Personally, I usually roll with smoothies and drink them on my way to work.
  • submissivelyserving
    Options
    bump
  • Leslielucine
    Options
    I like the eggs whites and veggie idea in muffin pan! sounds great!:smile:
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean with unsweetened almond milk. Lots of protein and way under 300 cals.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    I like to have two slices of Jennie-O Turkey Bacon (20 calories each), 3 egg whites (about 70 calories or so) and an Orowheat Double Fiber english muffin (120 calories)... Comes out to 230 calories and it is an EXTREMELY filling breakfast!!!
  • silversong24
    silversong24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    bump

Generally I like cereal and coffee, but will occasionally have toast and fruit, depending on how I feel that day. The egg muffin bites sound amazing! Definitely going to try those out!
  • maddmaddie
    maddmaddie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My breakfast menu

1. Oatmeal with frozen blackberries, cinnamon, and splenda. (My favorite!) With a protein shake or cottage cheese on the side so you can have your protein and carb.

2. 5 egg whites with 1 laughing cow cheese wedge and bacon bits whisked in (the cheese wedge makes it really light and fluffy). Plus a slice of toast with sugar free jam. (Carb & protein. Check!)

3. Optimum Nutrition Vanilla protein powder with Almond milk.

4. Homemade Pumpkin Protein bars.

5. Pumpkin Spice Protein Pancakes. (I have the recipe, but I haven't tried it yet. Sounds good though)
  • THExNEKOxCHAN
    THExNEKOxCHAN Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I like to have a protein kick in the morning, so I usually fix myself three eggs scrambled, no salt (they're salty enough on their own), sometimes plain, and sometimes with cheese and salsa. If I really need the energy, like for when I'm walking down to the garden for a mornings work, I'll have eggs and bacon, or eggs and sausage, or an omelet.

If it's hot, I'll have a bowl of homemade cereal with a 1/8 cup each of raw almonds, raw sunflower seeds, and raw pepitos (pumpkin kernels), a couple big handfuls of fresh fruit if I've got it, or dried fruit, and whole milk. (Home made cereal, because store bought cereals, even the "organic" ones, are totally bad for you. If you want the recipe, I can give you a copy.)

I'll also make smoothies sometimes, usually as simple as a whole banana, a blob of honey, a raw egg yolk (no white, as raw whites cause biotin deficiency) and enough home made whole milk yogurt to make it drinkable when it's all whizzed together. Other things, like greens, other fruit, etc can be added of course.

The other day I made bacon, egg and avocado sandwiches, and they were amazing. I also have soaked oatmeal recipes, but since the weather is still warm here, I'm waiting for it to cool off before I try those out, because most of them are baked.

Since I have a terrible time remembering to even bother with breakfast, I do what I can to make things interesting and enticing.
  • JesssHerzner
    Options
    Today I had a "sandwich slim" with turkey sausage crumbles and a slice of melted weight watchers cheese and made it into a breakfast sandwich. . . it was delicious :)
  • nathaliasmommy
    nathaliasmommy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Specail K or some other low cal cereal with i slice toast.....or
    Oatmeal with 1 slice toast or....
    WW Waffels/Pancakes with Berry Syrup(its just berries blended with a bit of water and lil bit sugar) I buy WW pancake/waffel mix and its about 130 cal for 2 waffels
    And if Im really in a hurry 2 Slices of toast with Kraft Fat Free Cheese slice....and i eat it in the car

All of these run in the 300-350 calorie range

Think i might have to try the egg muffin tin thing
  • Churble
    Churble Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I rotate through the following:

1) avena (recipe from skinnytaste, but I use equal instead of sugar)
    2) peanut butter banana spinach smoothie (recipe also from skinnytaste)
    3) broccoli mini omelets (skinnytaste... surprise)
    4) plain oatmeal with a little sugar free blackberry jam mixed in

I eat an apple with all of the above except the spinach smoothie. That smoothie is much more filling than the rest, plus it has the most calories on its own.
  • CTUCNY
    Options
    If you are like me, you want to feel full, while not packing on the calories, fat, etc. Here's a recipe I just made....and ate. It was delicious, and extremely healthy.

1 container (16 ounces) Egg Substitute (this is REAL egg, without the yolks, with some color added)
    6 oz. Spiral Sliced Honey Ham, finely shredded
    1 large onion, diced

Blend all ingredients together. The resulting mix will amount to approx. 750 g.
    For ease sake, just say the whole batch makes four servings.

Number of servings - 4

Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein Chol Sodium
    Sprial Sliced Hicory Smoked Honey Ham (No Glaze), 6 oz 320 8 7 28 90 1,360
    Aldi Fit & Active - Eggs Substitute, 2 cup 240 8 0 48 0 920
    Onions - Raw, 1 large 63 15 0 1 0 5

Total: 623 31 7 77 90 2285
    Per Serving: 156 8 2 19 23 571

Each serving is about 90g (if you use a food scale). This made a 6 inch round omelet, approximately half-inch thick. Ultra juicy. The only cautionary part is the sodium, high due to the ham. This would easily adapt with other additions like peppers or olives, but I personally prefer simplicity. Good luck!
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to have to try avocado toast! I'll try the avocado and boiled egg too. I'm not a cereal person or a protein, etc. bar person either nor do I want to spend time making my breakfast since it's my most skipped meal of the day and I'm trying to stop that so I'm glad you posted this!

6674609.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • mrk34
    mrk34 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Many people who successfully lost weight and kept it off eat breakfast not later than 30 to 60 minutes after they wake up.

My breakfast:

Blueberries, blackberries, or apple.
    1 slice of dry, 100% whole-grain toasted bread with 2 slices of 99% fat free turkey breast.
    1 fresh tomato
    Hot tea (no milk, no sugar)
    1 capsule of Omega 3

This way of eating increases my metabolism. Another benefit is that I don’t feel hungry.

I know it is not a typical “breakfast food”, but it is a part of my eating style that helped me lose 81 pounds without exercise.
  • BreeWilder
    BreeWilder Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I like to have scrambled eggs (one full egg, one egg white), 2 tablespoons of salsa and 2 turkey sausage links chopped wrapped up in a tortilla.