Anyone with a personality disorder?

Options
I would really like to have some people on here to talk to about their experiences etc and I will support them all the way.
Yesterday I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder.

(PERSONALITY disorder not eating disorder)

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• katieteetee
    katieteetee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have BPD and BiPolar , more on the depressive side. I already have you added , like i said yesterday if you ever wanna talk just message me or you can come find me on facey if you want :) Here to support you :)
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I have Bipolar Disorder, like Katie said, more on the depressive side. Was diagnosed in 2008.
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I have Bipolar Disorder, like Katie said, more on the depressive side. Was diagnosed in 2008.

Same story. I'll add you :)
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    i am borderline

But I've been mis-diagnosed numerous times with bipolar I, II and rapid cycling.

I also have post traumatic stress disorder. High anxiety, severe chronic depression, the whole bit.
  • f15htank
    f15htank Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i know someone who has it, or had it, i'm not sure we don't talk about it much. i'm not sure it's legit, but she told me it is, so that's what i assume. but i knew her as a different person for a year or so before i knew who she actually was. pretty intense stuff.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I know you just got diagnosed but did they suggest doing dialectical behavior therapy? I have done tons of research on the subject. Read lots of books. The research is so far behind unfortunately. I have yet to find anywhere I can go to get the proper treatment. Also, I've been on nearly every psych med available and none have worked. There is no magic pill. I know how hard it is.. I really feel for you <3
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I also have PTSD. Was diagnosed last September, and I have really bad anxiety and phobias of almost everything.
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Yes I will be doing DBT and hopefully it helps! It's so nice to see that we can all support each other.

Borderline is known for misdiagnosis to things such as mood disorder and more when really it's borderline.

Hope everyone is going strong :heart:
  • carlypreiss
    Options
    I'm a borderline. Feel free to add me if you ever want someone to talk to.
  • zasiiniya
    zasiiniya Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I also have PTSD. Was diagnosed last September, and I have really bad anxiety and phobias of almost everything.

I also have PTSD. Am not super phobic but I do get triggered a lot. I was diagnosed in October.
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Bipolar II here along with anxiety attacks Diagnosed early '06. I finally got on a good plan of meds in '10 fortunately, but I really hope I can get off of them one day (unlikely :sad: ). Unfortunately it was exacerbated by a miscarriage a few years ago and the current stress of going through a divorce. Fortunately my friends and family are very helpful and supportive and keep an eye on me so they can let me know when I'm a little crazier than normal :laugh:
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    ADHD, predominant inattentive. Prone to bouts of depression and anxiety.

But hey....the Army says I'm still good!
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    avoidant personality disorder here; I can't even go answer the door for the pizza man sometimes. It sucks.
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    That must be very hard for you, :(
    avoidant personality disorder here; I can't even go answer the door for the pizza man sometimes. It sucks.
  • PhatAndy
    PhatAndy Posts: 285
    Options
    I have BPD, and Dependant PD went through dialectical behavioral therapy, didnt do me any good.