How can I reach 1700 cals/day?

Options
I just realized... what I eat never really gets above 1400 calories. I have been told on here that I'm having too few calories. Any ideas?

I practically live off of chicken - that's my main source of protein. I also eat pasta every once in a while, potatoes, and frozen veggies.

I also eat no meat on Mondays and am cutting out pop for good.

Any ideas?

Replies

• Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check out my diary. I'm on maintenance and definitely don't have issues getting above 1700 on most days. :bigsmile:
  • siobhano_
    Options
    Nuts! Cashews and/or peanuts are loaded with calories, and are high in essential fats and protein. They also taste super good!
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    Unfortunately, I have NO trouble reaching 1700 calories. My secret? Cheese. Cheese and nuts. Okay, it's cheese, nuts, and chocolate.
  • cdburger94
    cdburger94 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I definitely will buy some peanuts! I can't do alot of sugar... actually, I can only do "natural" sugars without feeling like I am going to seizure. So I think nuts will be good for me. Plus, it'll give me more protein. I'll also snack on some fruits that aren't too horrible for me!
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I don't any meat except for fish, and I only eat that twice a week. I also eat very little dairy (usually about 1/4 cup of yogurt per day, if that). I net close to 1,900 every day, meaning I actually eat in excess of 2,000 calories every day. I get a lot of it from regular meal stuff, like oatmeal, rice, beans, and of course fruits and vegetables. Adding some avocado or hummus in always helps.

Some days, when I know I'm really going to be lacking, I'll indulge by getting a plain soy latte in place of my usual black coffee. Beyond that, though, I fill the extra by snacking on stuff like mixed nuts/trail mix, peanut butter, and dried fruit.
  • Skinnyminiee
    Options
    Yeah, definitely nuts! And seeds will also bump up your calories too and they're super good for you. Like, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds, etc. Some you can eat alone and some you might want to add to smoothies or salads. (:
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I vote for a daily avocado.
  • maruby95
    maruby95 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Another vote for nuts here- especially raw almonds and walnuts. Great in salads or for a quick snack. I love avacado, and you can always cook your chicken in a little olive oil. That will add some healthy fat and calories wthout filling you up much.
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time reaching 1400 everyday since I was down at 1220 since a month or so. Anyway, Peanut Butter toasts, milk, almonds and omelette makes up for the calorie deficit!
  • granolagrl85
    Options
    Eat a table spoon of coconut oil.