Is there any progress to you?

Options
I've lost 22 lbs in almost a year now, but when I'm looking at my progress pictures, I can't really see any difference. Maybe it's just me, since I'm obviously biased against myself, but can anyone here see a difference at all? Please be honest!

rhr5gl.png

Replies

• chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can see a difference, your shape is more defined and your tummy is flatter.

I know how you feel though - I'm now 88lbs down and it still doesn't show dramatically on me because I was so big to start off with. I've only dropped one dress size, and my mum, bless her, says she can't see any difference.

I still see myself at my highest weight, and I know this is very common.

Well done on your loss, you've done great!
  • mscargill
    mscargill Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Your waist is more defined and your legs are thinner. Good luck:bigsmile:
  • LilBee82
    LilBee82 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Toned tummy for sure! Keep it up!
  • Donna_Houghton
    Donna_Houghton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yes you can!

Look at the little gap between your right arm and your waist which isnt in the first picture. Also your stomach is flatter in the second pic. You've definately got smaller :happy:

Well done! 22lbs is a great achievement.
  • amyleehealey
    Options
    I can definitely tell a difference with your stomach and waist!!
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    Definitely!!! Your tummy is so much smaller and you can tell in your arms and shoulders! You should be proud! You look great!! :D
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Your thighs are much better defined now, and your shoulders have lost their fat. Your waist is skinnier as well. You've done really well!
  • jkirk2012
    Options
    I agree with the above posters + I think your boobs look perkier- you look great!
  • garyl7593
    Options
    Theres definitely a difference......I would say your at the point now where you are likely to lose more from round the waist which will change you shape.Great progress so far...keep it up.
    Do you use weight workouts atall?:smile:
  • Alison__
    Alison__ Posts: 107
    Options
    I know how you feel though - I'm now 88lbs down and it still doesn't show dramatically on me because I was so big to start off with. I've only dropped one dress size, and my mum, bless her, says she can't see any difference.

I still see myself at my highest weight, and I know this is very common.
    I hope this changes for you! :( 88 lbs is the results of amazing job, so don't let it get you down!

And to the rest of you - this was exactly the boost I needed - thank you!! I'm still a bit blind to myself, like how my stomach is flatter (to me it's still just a big blob), but it feels good to know that it's only in my own head :happy: You guys are the best!
  • Alison__
    Alison__ Posts: 107
    Options
    Theres definitely a difference......I would say your at the point now where you are likely to lose more from round the waist which will change you shape.Great progress so far...keep it up.
    Do you use weight workouts atall?:smile:

Thank you! And I hope so, my weight around my waist is the one I want to lose the most :laugh:
    When I work out, I usually do cardio, but I've done the 30 Day Shred for a few days now and I'm also using the machines at the gym sometimes. Otherwise no, I don't use weigh workouts, but I do yoga and pilates which has helped with toning :smile:
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Fabulous, you look amazing.
  • Nitachi
    Nitachi Posts: 142
    Options
    You look stunning, definitely going to have one very hot physique once you have achieved your goals.
  • garyl7593
    Options
    Your doing all the right things as yoga and pilates work your core throughout.
    I had a PT that worked me on gym rings(like trx) and it pulled sides and stomach in quite a bit....If you have Body Pump classes where you are they help change shape well too.
    I do think your so close to where you want to be....just the last small push!!
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    You have more definition! You can see your muscles more clearly and your stomach is much flatter. You look incredible. Please be happy with your progress.
  • Mkserpa
    Mkserpa Posts: 136
    Options
    Most certainly in your tummy!

Have you tried measuring yourself? I go by what the measuring tape says versus photos. Plus it's nice to see where the weight is coming off first and how many inches smaller you are in certain areas.
  • sfburdett
    sfburdett Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've lost 22 lbs in almost a year now, but when I'm looking at my progress pictures, I can't really see any difference. Maybe it's just me, since I'm obviously biased against myself, but can anyone here see a difference at all? Please be honest!

rhr5gl.png

Look at how your arm hangs against your side almost vertical rather than at an angle, this must mean that your much slimmer than before, and your shoulders are more defined again another sign of reducing body fat. Keep up the good work.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I definitely see a difference, especially around your middle. You just look generally more toned and leaner :) Well done :flowerforyou:
  • asphyxiated_b
    Options
    I see the difference, you have a much more toned core. Don't get discouraged, your progress is definitely showing.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    It's just you. You are looking great. Keep up the good work. Definite change in the arms, stomach and thighs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!