Running out of pants that fit!

Options
I have been letting myself go for the last few years since I got married. For some reason, when my wife gets pregnant, I gain weight too. After two kids and an extra 25 pounds on the waist, it's time for me to get back into shape. I only have 2 pair of pants left that fit and I don't like having to look at all the pairs that I'm too big for. I keep telling myself to get into shape but after a week or two of working out, I keep falling off the wagon. THIS TIME, I am going to stick with it!

Replies

• xxAngie
    Options
    That is a great attitude to have (: Good luck to you.
  • purpletrillium
    Options
    That's exactly why I started MFP. I have refused to buy new, bigger clothes.
  • brett1117
    Options
    Look into P90x...BEST at home w/o on the market!! results SHOULD keep you motivated by itself!!
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    Me too! I refuse to buy bigger than I've already got. Welcome aboard!
  • Jhardin310
    Options
    I have just recently started getting into a work out/watch what I am eating routine. It's not easy. I wake up in the morning with every intention to get home from work and work-out - as the day goes on my motivation steadily decreases. But I do it anyway and always feel great afterward! I just keep reminding myself - it's only exercise!!! I can't go a single day (or hour for that matter) without thinking about how badly I want to lose weight - so it's important to remember to never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about! I always regret it when I don't work out but never regret it when I do :)

As far as eating goes - MFP really helps! Stick with it. It's been a while since I've used MFP but it's such a great way to easily track what you're eating. Good luck!
  • Modonley
    Options
    Hey great attitude!!! thats the same reason most of us are here. I myself have TONS of clothes that no longer fit but I have kept as well almost as a reminder of what I used to look like. But I have been back at it for about 60 days and I feel pretty good. Stick with it we all need the help
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    Awesome attitude! You've got this! As someone who has met their goal, I can tell you it will feel so awesome when you can say those pants that are too small are now way to big for you! :)
  • hexrei
    hexrei Posts: 163
    Options
    Haha, I am having the same problem, for the opposite reason. Since I went paleo/south beach blend last summer I've lost almost 20 pounds and had to replace all my jeans cause they're hanging off my *kitten*!
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was in that boat too and now I have the opposite problem. All of my pants are too big but belts are cheaper than pants. Stick with it and good luck!
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well neither does bathing - That's why we recommend it daily" - Zig Ziglar
  • spote
    spote Posts: 2
    Options
    I love your quote!
  • htcgt
    htcgt Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the motivation and cheer! I can't wait to get back into my old pants and feel better about how I look. Right now I'm focused on running and calisthenics but soon I want to get started on Insanity, P90X, or one of Bob Harper's programs.
  • akLulu
    Options
    You are so not alone in having a closet full of clothes with only a few items that fit. Like you, I refuse to buy bigger clothes so I'm back on Fitness Pal for tracking my progress and hoping for encouragement and success stories. Best of luck!
  • CailleachBeara
    CailleachBeara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I can so relate! I have a wardrobe full of nice clothes that I want to be able to fit back into so I recently joined. This site is fantastic :smile:
  • Butterfly22002p
    Options
    I too can relate! This is partially why I have decided to join this group. Everyone seems so helpful and encouraging that this should help in reaching our goals. I wish you the best of luck getting back into your old wardrobe!

I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing. ~Marsha Doble (Just for laughs)
  • susiq65
    susiq65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I loved that last quote!

I just joined MFP this week because I can't get my blouses buttoned; my cholesteral is high, I've got shortness of breath from carrying around more weight than my bone structure can handle comfortably and oh yeah...my pants are too tight and I don't want to buy a bigger size! I have posted for the last 4 days and am beginning to see why I have gained weight,,.....dur!
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well neither does bathing - That's why we recommend it daily" - Zig Ziglar

Love this! Got to wear some of my favorite garments as I "passed through" their sizes on the way down. Many were donated in nearly brand new condition but I refuse to hold on to the larger sizes. As the Ziglar says - working on this fitness project daily!
  • BeachBoundMommy
    Options
    I hear you! I've been up and down so many times that it isn't funny. I've had 3 kids so I feel your "pain!" After I lost weight the last time (prior to having my 3rd), I threw out all my "fat" clothes and said NEVER AGAIN. We were done having kids, so I thought, so I figured I wouldn't gain weight like I had in the past due to being pregnant. Oops!

I REFUSE to buy bigger sizes. I'm only down to a few things that I can wear and I finally had enough about 3 weeks ago. That's when I started using MFP. Having something tangible to keep you accountable is what is doing it for me. Just yesterday I finally started incorporating exercise back into my life.

Good luck! You'll be fitting into those old clothes in no time with such a positive attitude!
  • mblair50
    mblair50 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Been there, am there! So I'm determined too! Here's to months of losing in our future! Other wise I'll have nothing to wear cause I too threw out all my fat clothes and refuse to go up a size!
  • UFCGirl1988
    UFCGirl1988 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    will send an invite! This site is awesome and will provide support whenever u need it.