Tattoos! =)

Options
xSophia19
xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
what tattoos have you got? do they mean anything to you, or just randomly got it done because of the design? post up pics if you have!

ive got 3, here are mine.

1- this design is on my right wrist, this was my first tattoo, (pic was taken few hours after i had it done, thats why inside of the stars are a little red) doesnt mean anything to me i just started designing some star tattoos and a drew this one and really liked it! febuary 2011 i had it done.
o7lua9.jpg

2- this is my 2nd tattoo which i had done april 2011 (please excuse the sunburn!). doesnt mean nothing to me - just thought a pretty butterfly would like nice at the top of my back and my fave colour is hot pink.
2afeu84.jpg

3- this is my 3rd and latest tattoo (as of yet, i do have few others in mind), i had this done july 2011. same again it doesnt mean anything in particular to me - i got the idea from my mum! she has got a tattoo right on the side of her and i really liked it - soo i went searching around for a cute little one for the top of my hand.
2vtdr3n.jpg

i love tattoos!! when i went and booked my first one - i was pooping my pants!! i had it done the day after i booked it! i was soo scared - because of the pain and alot of people said they really really hurt!! but in my honest opinon, there not as bad as what people make out they are!! (im sure few people would agree with me), and it cant of hurt that bad - because i went back for another 2 in the space of a few months in between each one! haha! ive got another tattoo in mind that i really want! and ive wanted it ever since i had my 3rd tattoo - i just couldnt choose between them so went for the one on my hand instead! i want one on my foot, but ive set myself a mini goal to reach before i go book it :)

Replies

• cneale91
    cneale91 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i cant seem to add a photo but mine is of a heart with a little lock inside it and some swirls around it. its on my hip and means a few things to me. 1. you need a key to my heart, i dont just let people in anymore :) 2. i must love my body no matter what. and 3. only one person has the ket to my heart and thats my fiance Adam :)
  • xSophia19
    Options
    i cant seem to add a photo but mine is of a heart with a little lock inside it and some swirls around it. its on my hip and means a few things to me. 1. you need a key to my heart, i dont just let people in anymore :) 2. i must love my body no matter what. and 3. only one person has the ket to my heart and thats my fiance Adam :)

aww thats sooo sweeet! the tattoo sounds really nice :)
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    n503999295_364091_8954.jpg

most people probably look at it and think that i got it because i'm super patriotic and i think Canada is the greatest

it is actually a reminder to be humble and grateful

Canada is not perfect... in fact there is much about Canada that makes me ashamed but that would be the same no matter where I live (power & politics)
    but I am so incredibly grateful to live in this country. In the west we have such a sense of entitlement. We feel like we have a right to this & a right to that...
    in truth, what I have (the fact that i have shelter, food, security, etc) comes from where I was born geographically and socially

I am grateful for my position in life
  • polarlove
    polarlove Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    your tattoos are very pretty :]

IMG000177-1.png
    my first tattoo, doesn't really mean anything

2633.png
    it says "be yourself", taken from a line in a song by my favourite band Jimmy Eat World. it's in French because I got it done in France, and I was studying French at uni at the time. again it doesn't really mean anything, I just really wanted a tattoo with that placement and I knew I wanted a typewriter font, but it took me months to finally decide what it would actually say :laugh: I work backwards when getting a tattoo, I decide where I want it first, and then pick what I'll actually get.
  • xxcatyxx555
    Options
    i have RAB tattooed on my left wrist its my dads initials, and i got it because i love my daddy more than anything in the whole world and im acknowledging his sacrifices for me, my dad is a great person and i love him with all my heart, forever and always<3
  • xSophia19
    Options
    oooh cool! all look and sound very nice
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    401103_10151198422960290_682710289_22838211_1807062009_n.jpg
  • Lainn
    Lainn Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I don't actually have any yet.. I can't seem to save up the money..

I'm getting a few stars behind my ear.. I like stars.
  • TEDtheWolf
    Options
    @stayxtrue You have an amazing sleeve! Those are some awesomely vivid colors!

as for my tattoos I have 5.
    *My first tattoo was a fairy dragon mimicking the Aquarius symbol with the whole pouring water from a vase thing.
    *On my wrists I have paw prints. I have an extreme love for canines so I decided paw prints would be the best way to show it.
    *I also have a German Shepherd tattooed to my left calf.
    *On my neck is the deathbat logo for Avenged Sevenfold. Before my dad passed away, me and him would sit in the truck and listen to them our whole ride into town and back. When he passed away, it further greatened my love for the band and when their drummer passed away 11 months later I knew I had to get something to commemorate. I do plan to carry this whole tattoo down to either a sleeve or down my back when I complete my weight loss goal.
    I do plan on getting more to I just need a few years to actually decide instead of thinking of something cool and going to the shop and getting them done.
  • TamsinEllis
    Options
    I'm not going to bother explaining mine haha, all I will say is I love colour tattoos, but sadly I tan like mad so other then in places that don't see the sun (and won't ever see a camera lol!) I won't get (many) colour tattoos. I do have 3 and a half more tattoos (it's unfinished haha need to book an appointment to finish it still >_<) but they're in places I either won't photograph or I would photograph but they're so small (like the 7 on my toe) that it's just pointless taking a picture of them xD Apologies if any of these are big, I have re-sized them!

Left foot.
    OrangeMoonandTattoos019-1.jpg

Right foot.
    OrangeMoonandTattoos015-1.jpg

Right arm.
    OrangeMoonandTattoos013-1.jpg

Left wrist.
    OrangeMoonandTattoos006-1.jpg
  • granolagrl85
    Options
    tattoo.jpg

I saw a pretty drawing a couple years ago like my tattoo. I knew I wanted to get it done but I wanted it more personal. I put water lillies instead of roses to symbolize rising above, purity of heart, etc. The moon is for my xhusband...his name means moon. Even though we seperated we are still very close. The cross is because I am Christian and the butterfly is for my miscarriage.
  • sparky38351
    Options
    tedthewolf..Love itI I also have paw prints. I have them going up my right side of my body. I have my dogs actual paw prints! There are 3 so far but I need to add my shepherd paw print on the bottom, and I need to add angel wings to the top paw for the furbaby I lost back in November :(