a question for the ladies...

Options
Hiya iv only just started taking my weight loss mission seriously and so far have lost 3 lbs. this week at my weigh in (wed) i hadnt lost or gained anything (today id gained 4lbs :( ) which im presuming is because its almost my T.O.M. now iv never monitored my weight over these periods of time so was just wondering how long i can expect this uncontrollable weight gain to last... is it just at the beginning or will it last until its over? and is it weight that will just disappear or is it more weight i have to work towards losing myself? I hope that makes sense. any help towards my ramblings would be great :)

thanks in advance lovelies!! xxx

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    You can never tell.... every person is different. Mine can take as long as five days before the swelling to go away. Every person is different, and your body's reaction can ALSO be different month to month as well.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I'd say it's not exactly the same for everyone. I wouldn't stress over it until that time is over, and then if you're still carrying the 4 lbs., time to take notice. :flowerforyou:
  • ooshlet
    ooshlet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    it's water retention so you don't need to worry. i can put on about 5lbs of water - and then i lose it at the end. can normally tell as i start needing to wee all the time! it's an annoyance but it will go by itself.
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    Every woman is different. I tend to gain between 2 and 5 pounds. I also look and feel very bloated and gross :(
    It usually takes around 3 days for the water retention to subside. You just have to monitor your body and make note of the changes that occur because everyone is truly different so you can't compare with anyone else's experiences :) x
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Remeber, 1lb is 3500 excess calories, so unless you have a MASSIVE binge, it won't be "real" weight gain. Mine usually drops back down after about 4 days.

Dont you just love being a woman!!!! :angry:
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I go up by about 2 lbs but lose it two days after my period starts. I stopped weighing myself before my period. It's maddening and "false info" anyway!
  • forcrand
    forcrand Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates all the time, not just around that T.O.M. I sometimes find it really discouraging, but then I remind myself that I just need to stay focused. The weight typically disappears as long as I'm remaining healthy.

Don't give up!
  • Katy8967
    Katy8967 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    hmm i had a suspicion it was going to be something to start monitoring.. thanks for the help though ladies... fingers crossed itll just be short lived... i was just starting to feel good :) xxx
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    hmm i had a suspicion it was going to be something to start monitoring.. thanks for the help though ladies... fingers crossed itll just be short lived... i was just starting to feel good :) xxx

Just dont get overly-obsessive... its not worth it.
  • lollyish
    lollyish Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I work @ a ladies gym & it is soooo hard not to weight myself everyday haha, just have to tell myself not to, I weigh something different everyday lol