Looking for a good, healthy pork chop receipe

Options
Jenniann26
Jenniann26 Posts: 4 Member
Hello! Does anyone have a good receipe using pork chops..that is also healthy??

Replies

• Kmm5062
    Kmm5062 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My husband and i like this recipe

Ingredients

1 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
    1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1-inch-thick medallions
    2 teaspoons canola oil
    1/4 cup apple cider
    1 tablespoon maple syrup
    1 teaspoon cider vinegar

Preparation

Mix chili powder, salt and ground chipotle in a small bowl. Sprinkle over both sides of pork.

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Add cider, syrup and vinegar to the pan. Bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, turning the pork occasionally to coat, until the sauce is reduced to a thick glaze, 1 to 3 minutes. Serve the pork drizzled with the glaze.

Total 4 servings

Per serving: 180 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 74 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 3 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 0 g fiber; 354 mg sodium; 441 mg potassium.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I marinade mine in teriyaki sauce and a little honey, then oven cook in foil with the remaining marinade.
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    I love to just grill with a little lemon pepper.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I marinate mine in 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce, and pineapple juice (drained from a small can). Grill chops and serve with grilled pineapple rings.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I trim the fat an throw it on the bar-b-q, nuthin' else.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i have a few.. one is simple... season and pan fry.. transfer into dish and add one can of cream of mushroom (98% fat free is what i do) one package of lipton soup mix (any kind you like) and add one can of water.. cover and cook on 350 for 45min or so.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Grilled, baked, sauted, stewed, whatever. As long as the fat has been trimmed and you don't add a lot of salt or sugar, it's all healthy.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    i have a few.. one is simple... season and pan fry.. transfer into dish and add one can of cream of mushroom (98% fat free is what i do) one package of lipton soup mix (any kind you like) and add one can of water.. cover and cook on 350 for 45min or so.

Doesn't the soup mix add an exorbitant amount of sodium? Or does Lipton make a low sodium soup mix?
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Don't need a recipe. Meat is healthiest when cooked using dry heat without all the sodium, sugar and other junk found in soups and marinades. Simply season them and grill, bake, or broil. Serve with spicy brown mustard if desired.
  • hiwy44
    hiwy44 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I marinate mine with low fat italian dressing, sow sodium soy sauce, then grill :)
  • hiwy44
    hiwy44 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    that's Low sodium soy sauce, lol
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    last night I mixed catalina dressing with chicken bbq sauce, and put it on my porkchops while they were baking in the oven...turned out really good. I love the kraft website for awesome recipies
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Brush the pork chop with Dijon Mustard then coat in Panko Crumbs and bake.
  • Goodwin1948
    Options
    The one like is brown your chops in a pan with some sliced onion and red peppers. Put them in a baking dish or you can leave them on the stove top. Pur one can diet dr pepper and1 cup catsup on the chops. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until tender. Take off the lip and turn up the heat a little and cook another 15 minutes until the sauce reduces. Really yummy. You can use this on either pork or chicken.
  • oldbooh
    Options
    bump
  • KNMD
    KNMD Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Cook it like a steak! Especially if it's a thicker cut.

I put a "Steak and Burger" salt on each side. I've tried other rubs for chicken/BBQ to mix it up.

Preheat oven to 500 degrees

In a hot, oven safe skillet (cast iron), spray with Pam, heat on high until starts to smoke.
    Sear each side for 2-3 minutes.
    Flip to 1st side and place in oven for 3-5 minutes (depending on thickness)
    Flip to 2nd side and cook for 3-5 minutes.

Check with thermometer. (I do this because this veggie once served him nearly raw chicken....:blushing: )

For a steak, shorten oven time to achieve rare/med rare cooking.
  • mindy2185
    Options
    bump love these
  • puddin1000
    puddin1000 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome recipe from skinnytaste.com!

Pork Chops with Dijon Herb Sauce

Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1 chop • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 4 pts
    Calories: 166.5 • Fat: 9.2 g • Carb: 2.6 g • Fiber: 0.2 g • Protein: 16.4 g

1 tsp butter
    4 pork chops (22 oz with bone, fat removed), 1 inch thick, trim all visible fat
    1/2 tsp salt
    fresh ground pepper
    3 tbsp chopped onion
    3/4 cup fat free chicken stock
    1 tbsp dijon mustard
    2 tbsp chopped, fresh herbs like parsley, chives, tarragon
    In a large frying pan heat the butter over moderately low heat. Season pork with salt and pepper. Raise heat to medium and add the chops to the pan and sauté for 7 minutes. Turn and cook until chops are browned and done to medium, about 7-8 minutes longer. Remove the chops and put in a warm spot.
    Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the stock and boil until it reduces to 1/2 cup, about 3 minutes. Stir in the mustard, herbs, and 1/8 tsp pepper. Put the chops on a platter and pour the sauce over the meat.