Clear alcoholic beverages...ok?

Options
I was told froma "friend" that some clear alcoholic beverages are better by the way of calories and won't do as much damage to weight loss as beer (German hefeweizen, my absolute favorite! Boo hoo!), fruity drinks (pommegranate martinis, another fave), and whiskey shots (my Jim Beam Yum!). Any help? I pretty much stoppped all "drinking" (all the drinks I listed above that I pretty much lived on.) I'd love to start having a little bit of alcohol at meal time or after the kiddos go to bed just for a nightcap. Please let me know if their is a "safe" drink to relax with here and there that wont KILL my weight loss process. Thanks all! :)

Replies

• purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Drink what you want if you're staying under your calories.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Drink what you want if you're staying under your calories.

I would go with this.

I guess, from what I remember, the clear liquors seem to have the lowest calorie counts. But drinking 300 calories in vodka or 300 calories in beer doesn't make a difference, aside from the fact you can probably drink more vodka for that amount. So I guess it depends on your goal. If you want to get buzzed, might want to opt for vodka.

PS - one of my favorite beers is a hefeweizen from a local microbrewery. Mmm.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Any drink is ok as long as it fits into your calorie goal. Some have more sugar and calories than others but non are really better for weight loss than others as long as the calorie goals are met and you're not leaving out food just so you can have a drink.

I tend to drink a glass of wine every few days... I'm still losing.
  • frostman7
    frostman7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You know my plan. Lazy mans martini. Put ice in glass. 6 drops vermouth. Pour vodka over top. Wait several minutes. Enjoy. Perfect after a long day and baby is in bed.
  • Bocciulo
    Bocciulo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above about as long as you are staying under your calories. The biggest monster in dieting is depriving yourself of something. If it is within your calories and done in moderation give yourself what you want that way you do not resent the diet.