Stupid Broken Scale

Options
I've been feeling so awful lately thinking I was gaining weight instead of losing. I just couldn't figure out why I hadn't lost anything.

Just 2 weeks ago my Mother gave me her old electric scale. Which I've been using. What she forgot to tell me was that it either needed new batteries or was just not working right anymore. They've had it for years.

So this morning I got on the scale and it said I had gained like 4 pounds. I was heartbroken. But I just couldn't believe that. So I turned it off and back on, and this time it said I'd lost like 5 lbs. Turned it off and on and this time it was around the middle. Ugh!

So I pulled out our other scale, our normal non-electric scale. According to this one I've lost 3 pounds in the last 2 weeks! I feel so much better now!

Replies

• AutumnMariex3
    Options
    Ours just died recently too! It said I gained 6 lb in a week and I am like " There is no way" so I weighed on one at my mom's and and our other one. It always sucks getting that mini let down though. Congrats on the 3 lbs !
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    LOL! I feel your pain, but at least you got a working scale and had a loss! My stupid broken scale just tells me things I don't want, like "no, you havent lost any weight since last week" and etc, but I'm afraid it's telling the truth!
  • she_the
    she_the Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Is there such a thing as a good scale that is consistent?

Seriously!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I feel ya!! I had my scale play tricks with me last week.. First reading: 287 Second 149 Third 248 Fourth 202.. Im closer to the third reading but know that isn't right because that would have been a 8lb loss in a week lol.
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Sometimes I think my 'digital' scale has a memory and 'tries' to zero in one what I weighed the day before.... I mean what are the odds that I weigh exactly the same down to the oz, as what I did yesterday... given my food intake and water intake.. and well.. output.. I am fine with ups and downs but when it's the same it bothers me.. I am tempted to buy an analog scale and have even looked for the Dr's office type scales on Craigs list..