Butter

Options
I am using way too much of my daily alotment of caleries/fat, etc. on "I can't believe it's not butter". Apparently, I am addicted! What other healthier alternatives do I have? Suggestions?

Replies

• TinaVanHoecke
    Options
    Not sure what the nutrition stats are on your butter, but we use Smart balance and it is 50 cal. per tablespoon. Any fat spreads are going to be higher in calorie, so you may just have to cut back if you are eating too much of them. I never butter anything any more. Dry toast or pb if I am in the mood, dry baked potatoes. No butter, I just don't eat it anymore.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I use real butter, just not gobs of it. I believe that it is healthier to eat the real deal with recognizable ingredients rather than trying to replace a food that is by nature very fatty (also see: fat free cheese). If you look at my diary, just about every morning I eat toast (love my toast). I always use a teaspoon of butter to no ill effect, I fit it into my calorie goals. For me, I would rather use less of the real deal than always look for a "diet" alternative.

FYI: One teaspoon of butter = 31 calories.