sweet tooth and snacks

Options
oreomixx
oreomixx Posts: 31 Member
ok yall i need some tips!!! what to do for my sweet tooth!! shakes and sweets etc???

Replies

• tim_w13
    tim_w13 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    look for 3,2,1 cake in database here. came out perfect today. I happen to eat 3 of them as 1 is 45 cal. love it
  • KimPerm
    KimPerm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Quaker Mini Delights- Caramel Drizzle. They are only 90 calories and are sooooo good!
  • Camsdette
    Camsdette Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Chewing gum actually helps a lot, unless you're craving the texture of a food. There are some great flavors. Fruit is good, too, if you can find it when it's sweet and ripe. If those don't work for you, then there are lots of ways to take a traditional dessert recipe and make it lower in calories. After that, it's just portion control.
  • tstawicki
    tstawicki Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I buy the 100 calorie snack packs of cookies. There are many cookies in the bag and i eat them slowly to enjoy the flavor and I look forward to them. I leave enough calories in my day. There are also Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches that are about 140 calories and very tasty for your snack. If I allow them in my caloric count for the day I don't feel deprived and that helps me get through my desire for sweet things. So far its working for me!
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    chocolate protein shake made with dark chocolate almond milk. it will def kill a shake craving and I found these candies today, balis best espresso candy... yum and only 52 calories for 4 pieces :)
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Garlic hummus on a 1/4 spelt pita. I don't know why it works but it does and you get a little hit of protein:)
  • Kulli1
    Kulli1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I keep a box of Harvest Morn Less than 70 Calories bars in my desk drawer for when i need a treat, there a chewy oaty bar and actually only 62 cals. They are from Aldi and come in Chocolate and Orange, Forest fruits and Apple that i've seen.

I've also found that a Aldi egg waffle with a little golden syrup is about 110 cals.

Other ideas are mini bags of chocolate buttons and curly wurlys. if i just want the taste of something sweet but i'm not really hungry i nibble on a small cube of fudge!!!
  • anabell31
    Options
    Garlic hummus on a 1/4 spelt pita. I don't know why it works but it does and you get a little hit of protein:)

I LOVE garlic hummus!!! My roommate hates it for the smell though. I put garlic in everything, lol
  • HelloRevvie
    Options
    I honestly used to drink hot chocolate when I got a sweet tooth :D hehe.
    Lately I've been eating strawberries though and somehow they seem to get rid of my sweet tooth quite well. I sprinkle them with a little packet of Sweet n Low and munch away!
  • Thickness0428
    Options
    :flowerforyou: smart ones desserts are great they are aso recommended on weight watchers
  • duetwithjosh
    Options
    Clementines! They're small and only 40ish calories or so, but really satisfy my sweets cravings. I'm averaging 3 a day :)
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I make fruit smoothies w/ protein powder. I eat plenty of fresh fruit especially during the spring and summer. I have a HORRIBLE sweet tooth. Dentists see $$$ when I open my mouth! Ugh...I chew gum as well.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    look for 3,2,1 cake in database here. came out perfect today. I happen to eat 3 of them as 1 is 45 cal. love it

Someone on her recalculated that and it comes out to more like 100 calories, which still isn't bad, I haven't really checked to see if they're right though.

I take a whole box of cake mix, 12 oz diet soda, and poor it into 12 cupcake pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, depending on the type of mix you use mine were 130 calories for the cupcake and they were SO SO good!

Also popcorn is always perfect, again depending on brand, you can eat an entire microwave bag for 62 (ish) calories.
  • Shanaedunn
    Shanaedunn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have a horrible snack habit so this has been my saving grace! Semi Sweet Chocolate chips one table spoon is 70 calories. I eat them almost daily bit it keeps me from cheating by doing something worse.

I also like trail mix so I found a Fruit and Nut mix just remember that it is high in calorie and carb so I take a huge hit in lunch to incorporate that when I do.

Sugar Free Candy like Twizllers or Russell Stovers items but again only if its really bad I dont have these items on hand all the time or I will eat them!

Weight watchers icecream I only get this if I am having a really hard time...

Hope that helps....

I also agree with the gum chewer. I have packs at home and carry it with me and chew in between meals and when I leave home to keep me from making pit stops or picking up items I dont need. It helps honestly it does! Oh but the best things is once your water drinking is at the right level that too will keep you filled.

Good Luck!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Well I found the recipe for the 3,2,1 Cake! Enjoy!

3, 2, 1 Cake

These individual little cakes are amazing and ready to eat in one minute! They are perfect for whenever you feel like a treat without all the fat and calories that cake can have. Genius idea!

Servings: 1

Ingredients:

1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
    1 box Cake Mix - Any Flavor
    2 Tbsp Water

Directions:

In a ziploc bag, combine the two cake mixes together and mix well. For each individual cake serving, take out 3 Tablespoons of the cake mix combination and mix it with 2 Tablespoons of water in a small microwave-safe container. Microwave on high for 1 minute, and you have your own instant individual littlecake! Keep remaining cake mixture stored in the ziploc bag and use whenever you feel like a treat! You can top each cake with a dollop of fat free whipped topping and/or some fresh fruit.

Helpful Tips:

This recipe is called 3, 2, 1 Cake because all you need to remember is "3 tablespoons mix, 2 tablespoons water, 1 minute in the microwave!" Try various flavors of cake mix like carrot, red velvet, pineapple, lemon, orange, etc. Just remember that one of the mixes has to be the angel food mix; the other is your choice. The flavor possibilities are endless!

Recipe located at: http://cake.betterrecipes.com/3-2-1-cake.html

I just made this and put some cool whip and some mandarin oranges on top and it was the perfect sweet snack!
  • cherryz
    Options
    I've found these are helping me out at the moment.

Frozen Yoghurt (basically low fat natural yoghurt blended with fruit and a little honey, then frozen), Tinned fruit in their natural juice frozen into slushies (takes longer to eat and very sweet)

and Banana & Oat Cookies (no sugar required!!!!)

If you want the recipies let me know and I'll post them when I have more time.