Why can't I lose weight?

Options
I have no idea why I can't lose weight. :cry: I haven't weighed in 2 weeks, and plan on weighing this Friday. If I haven't lost anything I am going to just GIVE UP!!!!!!!!! :sad:

I am not going to stop working out, because it is something I have done for the past 10 years and will do for the rest of my life, but as far as logging and focusing so much on it...... grrrrrr! I quit!

:cry: :sad: :brokenheart:

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary so we can help you better? Not losing can be caused by a lot of things. Not measuring food properly. Not drinking enough water. Too much sodium. Overestimating calories burned and underestimating calories eaten. Not tracking every little bite that adds up. Not eating enough... the list goes on.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for not looking at your diary but I did look at it today and have sent a message of great suggestions for you! The only reason why I stopped looking at all pals diaries is because my food regimen is so strict that I didn't want to judge them off of what I eat. I will start looking at yours just to check in and make sure things are going ok! :flowerforyou:
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Have you tried shifting to higher pro tein and lower carb diet for awhile? Although I'm no carb-o-phobe, I have found that shifting ratios for a few weeks sometimes seems to shift the weight, too. Also see that you don't have much to lose at all. Did you see the blog someone posted the other day about Jillian Michaels tips for losing the last 10 pounds? Let me know if you want the link. And I don't think you should give up. You may just need to try some other tactics ;)
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    I have no idea why I can't lose weight. :cry: I haven't weighed in 2 weeks, and plan on weighing this Friday. If I haven't lost anything I am going to just GIVE UP!!!!!!!!! :sad:

I am not going to stop working out, because it is something I have done for the past 10 years and will do for the rest of my life, but as far as logging and focusing so much on it...... grrrrrr! I quit!

How many miles did you run in the past two weeks?
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options

awwwww... don't be discouraged demetria!! you are doing a wonderful job & those lbs will come off!! what about inches?? have you seen a change there?? i know your workouts are always on point, but let me take a look at your diary to see if i can offer any suggestions... love ya & you ROCK!!! never give up :flowerforyou:
  • darylinny
    Options
    Don't give up! How long have you been trying. Maybe you needs a new workout routine or something to help jump start your weightloss. Have you consulted with a nutritionist? How's your support system offline? Are the people around you supporting you while eating doughnuts or are they hitting the gym with you? Has any other change in your life caused some additional stress.

There are several factors to being successful, don't just foucs on the the numbers, that's just one part which can be an indication of something else going on in other areas.
  • danagisana
    danagisana Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Try taking measurements. I have a friend who lost 11 inches but no lbs. If she hadn't taken her measurements she would have quit by now too.
  • Determined1980
    Options
    I have unblocked my profile from private so that you can view my diary. I haven't measured since November but my clothes are not fitting big so I doubt that I have lost any inches.

Support system, not really an issue since I work out alone and I stay in my office all day at work, on weekends I have staying home by myself lately so.....thats ok. As far as running goes, I have not ran in 3 weeks due to my right foot still being in pain when I put pressure on it from dropping a 20lb weight on it, but once it is healed I will start back running 5 days a week in addition to my workouts.

Enigmatica, yes please send me that link.

MsQT, I got your email thanks you so much. You and GG I love you guys and your support, you are the BEST!!!

Please everyone feel free to look at my food/workouts and offer suggestions.

THANKS!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    First of all...I would never want to see you give up!! I am glad that you wrote a topic on this!! Sometimes we have to reach out and get new information.. You are putting in work from what I can tell on the exercise in,..Just takes a little moment to go back to the drawing board on eating choices, portioning, and timing of foods...These are keys to weightloss for a lifestyle! I know you can do it and if there is anything I can do to contribute to your success...NO STep is to high for a stepper like yourself...Continue to push and I will make sure I take a look at your diary and offer alternatives if I see something that can be switched out..I adore you and I know YOU got this lifestyle! It was meant for YOU..Love ya!