Egg Muffins

Options
Milagras13
Milagras13 Posts: 9 Member
I love these one egg muffin is a little over 100 calories and it is so yummy.

Makes 12

* 1/2 pound bulk Turkey sausage
* 12 eggs
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1/4 cup chopped green, red, & yellow pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 cup shredded Low fat Cheddar cheese

-You can add any veggies that you like in a omelet.

-I use Turkey sausage patties and crumble them into the mixture. instead of cooking the ground turkey sausage.

Directions

1. In a skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add onion, green pepper, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in sausage and cheese.
2. Spoon by 1/3 cupfuls into greased muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.

Replies

• FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    they sound super yummy . . . and it is nice that you can make them and have them all week long, thanks for the recipe!
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I made something similar one day by mistake. I was trying to make an egg in a muffin cup in advance so that I could heat it up and put it on an english muffin for a sandwich. I used some milk and cottage cheese in there. They came out like fluffy little quiches. They were really good but didn't work so well on a muffin. LOL! My goal is to figure out the best way to make and freeze these so then I can just nuke them on the way out to work.
  • morningmom
    morningmom Posts: 100
    Options
    Yummy!
  • kacollins1970
    kacollins1970 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cgafriday
    cgafriday Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the receipe! I just made a batch but I used egg whites and chicken sausage - Yummy! They came out to 64 calories apiece. :smile:
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Bump!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    bump
  • brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump
  • annroybal
    Options
    bump
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I make these every two weeks and have a couple for breakfast. Mine are slightly different. I use about 6 whole eggs and ten egg whites, 12 slices ham lunch meat, 1 cup low fat shredded cheese, 2 cups diced cooked veggies (zucchini, spinach, mushrooms, carrots). mix it all together, separate into muffin tins about 3/4 full (makes about 18 egg muffins) then cool completely and individually wrap for the freezer. They'll keep in the fridge for a few days so I take out a few days worth at a time. They bake about the samea mount of time as the original poster's and are also around 100 cals each and have about 8g protein each!
  • tuffytuffy1
    Options
    I have these baking in the oven right now - OMG, smells heavenly in here and they look incredible! I calculated each to be about 106 calories (I used less sausage, 4 sausage patties from Jimmy Dean). I cannot wait to eat two of these for breakfast in a few minutes, yum! Thank you so much to the original poster for this recipe!
  • tuffytuffy1
    Options
    Update - these were absolutely delicious and filling. Two muffins was a lot of food for just 211 calories and 19 grams of protein. This is a winner!
  • marindak
    marindak Posts: 168
    Options
    bump
  • Aries03
    Aries03 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • scardone
    Options
    bump
  • skump425