Weight Loss Ticker

Options
I'm new to this program, yet I"ve lost 4.2 pounds since I've been tracking diet and exercise. How do i get the ticker, like everyone has, on my page? HELP!

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Go to tools at the top, then tickers and it will show you step by step :flowerforyou: Congrats on the loss so far!
  • Rachelnicole1969
    Options
    Thanks. It appears I have done it, but I can't see the ticker. Like on your comment, it has what you've lost. I don't see that below my post. I'm tech savvy and feeling pretty illiterate right now. :(
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    Ok now did you copy the code that it gave you? Once you copy it, go to message boards/settings/signature... lemme know if that doesn't help :smile: There should be a place to paste it into.
  • Rachelnicole1969
    Options
    Thank you! I usually use this from my phone and not my laptop. I think I did it. One last question....does this automatically update when you enter new weight?
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    It sure does! And ask as many questions as you need to! When I first started on here I had NO idea what I was doing and how many great things MFP has to offer. I don't think I even started making friends for 2 or 3 months. I love this site. It keeps me going :heart: Feel free to add me as a friend if you like too!
  • Rachelnicole1969
    Options
    I'm very impressed with the site. My daughter is a type 1 diabetic...was diagnosed 7+ years ago. I'm so conscience about carb intake for her , yet realized I have not taken care of myself. This site is GREAT. The last time I had any true weight loss was 27 years ago when I was a sophomore in HS. Since then I have let the pounds creep on. Medical issues pushed me to be VERY motivated. I love walking and live in a beautiful town with a lake and numerous walking trails alongside it. I don't like to walk with anyone as it is MY time to destress and clear my mind. Thanks for taking time to help me....Congrats on your weight loss!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just a note about tickers. For use on MFP boards there is NO NEED TO COPY anything. There IS no box under settings to paste the code into... settings has a check box... display my ticker on all forum posts? If checked then you see the ticker, if unchecked you don't

Create your ticker at tools > tickers
    then come back here... message boards > Introduce yourself (since we're not in tech support)
    Home > Recent Posts > My Topics > SETTINGS > Search

the ONLY option under Settings is to display your ticker / or not depending on status of the check box
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    Pandorian... thanks:smile: ! I remember having to copy and paste when I first did it. At least I think so??? Haaaha I don't remember now. Maybe they upgraded (or I'm wrong on all accounts LOL). But good to know! Rachel, often times we are so busy taking care of our families that we forget that they need us to be healthy in order to do this! Good for you for taking this step! :drinker:
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Oh yes, we definitely used to have to copy the BBCode and paste it in the signature field but signatures started getting abused with huge pictures linked and external tickers being used (it's always been a rule with signatures (since I have been here anyway) to only use MFP supplied tickers) so they removed the signature box and gave us the toggle to have it on or off.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    :smile: Sounds like they made a good choice!