New here

Options
Hello, I am new to thiis board...But not new to struggle with weight loss.

I am 25yrs old, my name is Jessica. Im from upstate NY.

I have 2 children-boys age 9 and 1.

I need to lose well over 100lbs to be healthy. I have no self control when it comes to snacks and junk. I like to exercise but I dont really have the means, meaning that I stay indoors all day long--we are living in Riyadh Saudi Arabia, and its almost impossible to go outside in the summer for extended amounts of time. Walking is not a favorite of mine at all, Id rather do other types of exercise.

I am hoping to make some friends here and hopefully get my butt in gear to get these pounds off to be healthy for myself and my boys.

Replies

• sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jess83
    jess83 Posts: 39
    Options
    Thanks a bunch :)
  • golddogs
    golddogs Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm new too. I'm very nervous. Writing this is like saying it outloud - "I need to loose weight to be healthier and feel better about myself". It is hard to say - have been in denial for a long time. Just like someone said, you can't believe it when you see photos of yourself. This is so hard, I need support and will support anyone out there who needs it! Just knowing I am not alone helps a lot. Hoping to lose 35 pounds, the right way.
    S.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the best website ever. You will love it here, I do. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I'm here just about three months. I have lost 20 pounds! you can do this, If I can do it anybody can. Read the calories on everything! I have made my mantra " I love myself more than I love _______________" fill in the blank with whatever junk food you are about to eat. This journey is a million tiny steps, just try t make them all in the right direction! Welcome, and we are all in this together.
  • jess83
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome.

My starting place is stopping the junk in the evening--well late night, since i stay up til 4am my time---tonight i am putting my cut off time at 9pm.
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:

this is a fantastic site

it's good that you want to cut out the junk food (think baby steps if you start to get overwhelmed). Every positive choice moves you in the right direction.

As for exercise & it being hot where you are, have you tried any workout dvds. Also the internet has some great free stuff too. www.exercisetv.tv has some free exercises classes you can watch & do. they vary in length from 2 min to an hour so you can find something for you I'm sure. :wink:

good luck :bigsmile:
  • jess83
    Options
    Thanks for posting that site. I am looking at it now. As far as work out dvd's i doubt id find any over here, ill check the mall next time we go. I will for sure be buying some when i am in ny this fall.
  • VishousBabe
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP! I completely understand the late-night snacking problem. I allow myself a snack- around 10-10:30. Then I stay on the computer,read ,catch up on mail, anything to keep my mind busy and off the idea of hitting the kitchen. It works... sometimes lately, since I'm exercising more, I don't even think of the snack and when I notice it's really late,I just let it go.
    Good Luck and be careful in that heat!