TOM and weighing in....ladies only LOL

Options
Ok ladies question,

Do you guys even bother weighing yourself during your time of the month? I've been working my butt off and feel it's hopeless during TOM!! My weight will fluctuate from .5 to 3 lbs during the week! So wondering if you guys are the same or if you even get on the scale at all during this week.

287109.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• twilightfan20
    twilightfan20 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I honestly wouldn't bother. I had that problem last week when my TOM showed it's ugly face, but I happened to stay the same weight for the entire week that I was before it started.
  • lilqtwbotkam3
    lilqtwbotkam3 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I honestly wouldn't bother. I had that problem last week when my TOM showed it's ugly face, but I happened to stay the same weight for the entire week that I was before it started.

It such a stressor! I need to just restrain from even stepping on LOL
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I do it, but quickly remind myself as I'm preparing to jump off the roof of the house that it's only water weight. Dunno why I even bother, but apparently a small part of me is a masochist .
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    I got TOM on Sunday and I stupidly stepped on the scale for weigh in on Monday. I was up 3 lb!!! I know it is water retention, and I know I did not eat over 10,000 extra calories. Usually I don't have a huge problem with retention, I may have some, but not that much. So I'm just staying off the scale the rest of the week.
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    one time i gained 5 lbs from it, and 2 days after it was over i was back to normal i dont bother even going near the scale that week
  • lilqtwbotkam3
    lilqtwbotkam3 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I do it, but quickly remind myself as I'm preparing to jump off the roof of the house that it's only water weight. Dunno why I even bother, but apparently a small part of me is a masochist .

Don't know why I do either but it's almost addicting
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options

Don't know why I do either but it's almost addicting

I do it too and curse mother nature for ruining a good run and stressing me out.. :frown:
  • Kittie_Kat
    Options
    I spare myself the feelings of weighting more and just wait until TOM is gone
  • estherpab
    estherpab Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I was wondering when your weight goes up, thanks to TOM, do you update your weight, on MFP? This month I did and I'm going to change it back down...it's kind of dumb of me but I wanted to make sure it was infact water weight gain, and NOT bad eatting....
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    This is completely off topic but I figured I'd stick in it here since there's a disclaimer in the topic posting lol

What do y'all do for chocolate cravings around that time? I don't like chocolate normally.. but around my period, I crave it... In fact, I had 325 calories left for the day, and I just had a serving of rocky road ice cream. lol.

What do y'all do!! I need some suggestions!!
  • KristinLeAnn252
    KristinLeAnn252 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I still weigh myself just because I want to keep the pattern of weighing myself at least once a week. Other than that, I take the number very lightly. I'm usually up a little or a veryyy small loss but then the next week, it's like a double loss so I just keep going and know it'll pay off :)
  • estherpab
    estherpab Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This is completely off topic but I figured I'd stick in it here since there's a disclaimer in the topic posting lol

What do y'all do for chocolate cravings around that time? I don't like chocolate normally.. but around my period, I crave it... In fact, I had 325 calories left for the day, and I just had a serving of rocky road ice cream. lol.

If you have the calories, you are fine. I like those 100 cal snacks try them, that might help too :).
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options

I try to stock up on lower calorie chocolate pudding snacks (mousse temptations, 60 calories)....any other time and I'm eating normal candy bars and trying to control myself to stop at just one serving.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I continue to weigh during TOM. Last month I lost 1.2 lbs during TOM week. I also continue trying to stick close to my calorie goal, keeping up with my workouts, and trying to drink plenty of fluids. So perhaps that helps keep the water retention in check. IDK.

I don't really crave a lot of chocolate, but when I do I save enough calories to make a chocolate-banana protein shake at the end of the day (278 calories the way I make it, and delish). I also like to keep 100 calorie packs of popcorn around (especially kettle corn - yummy!) and I like to snack on cereal if I need something sweet, I just weigh it out on my digital scale first so I don't go overboard on the calories.
  • jdeckness
    jdeckness Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that eating grapes can help curb chocolate cravings. Also, 1-2 ounces of dark chocolate (at least 60% cacao) is actually a healthy snack because of the antioxidants and flavanoids it contains.

My nutritionist suggested that I start out weighing every day to see what effects my weight and make adjustments from it so i guess that will have to include TOM.
  • aliciawakka
    aliciawakka Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday and last week was my TOM and i still jumped on the scale. I was just curious lol. I stayed the same, i didnt lose and didnt gain which i was ok about. I hope that happens every month haha, but i also know that it will more than likely go up a few lbs.

The chocolate craving?.. i stock up on low calorie chocolate things and try my hardest to stay within my calories! Eeek!
  • 987Runner
    Options
    I started this diet/exercise right before I started. I've been working my booty off and eating just below my max calories. I haven't shed but a few ounces this week. I just know that once I'm done with my TOM, those pounds will be gone...right?! I sure hope so! I told my hubby that I retain water during TOM and he said, that's good for working out! :laugh: Nerd!
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I dont ever ever ever weigh in the week TOM decides to visit! Its really pointless cus you arent getting an accurate weight anyway. I understand the temptation though! lol I think we like to torture ourselves in some unconscious way! Try to not stress over it too much. Im sure you will right back to your pre TOM weight within a few days!
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options

If you live in the south you can get Blue Bell Mini Country Cones...ice cream, chocolate and nuts! And only 90 cals! I also will drink Glucerna Chocolate Shakes for my afternoon snack. They are very rich and creamy, really give you that chocolate taste and since they are designed for diabetics they have a special blend of carbs that slowly digested to help stop spikes in your blood sugar. They keep me full for severl hours.