Jarred Salsa?

MILFaspirations
MILFaspirations Posts: 108 Member
Anyone found a really good jarred salsa????

I just bought the Pace Restaurant Style.. haven't tried it yet.....

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    I bought White Diamond natural salsa last night in the produce dept at Publix. 110 mg sodium. That is the lowest sodium salsa that I have found yet. Haven't tried it yet though.
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    I swear by Safeway select. But I am not too sure if you get it your side of the country. If you walk into Costco, there are quite a few good ones. I've tried pretty much all of them. And I prefer the Rojos pico, but I know that not a lot of people are big fans :-)

Whole Foods has a good salsa too. And wait, watch out, Walmarts Great Value has a pretty good chunky salsa too.
  • th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    I make my own , 2fresh tomatoes,2 canned tomatoes, bunch of fresh corriender, 3-4 cloves of garlic , 2-3 canned Jalepino peppers & lemon juice. I mix it in my blender. Add salt acc to taste. I added another green chillie as I wanted hot. It keeps well in the fridge for a week & so delicious.
  • I really like Paul Newman's Peach Salsa. Once you try it you will be hooked.
  • I like Pace Chunky medium. Not too spicy either
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    I make my own , 2fresh tomatoes,2 canned tomatoes, bunch of fresh corriender, 3-4 cloves of garlic , 2-3 canned Jalepino peppers & lemon juice. I mix it in my blender. Add salt acc to taste. I added another green chillie as I wanted hot. It keeps well in the fridge for a week & so delicious.

Gotta try this.

That's what I like about making salsa at home. You can blend in whatever you want and make it to your taste. :-)
  • AlexPflug
    AlexPflug Posts: 132 Member
    Don't know what stores are around you, but Meijer sells their own brand of salsa. The black bean and corn is delicious!
  • frazzle29
    frazzle29 Posts: 122 Member
    I think 505 is the best
  • Kjriley02
    Kjriley02 Posts: 6 Member
    Trader Joe's has a great salsa selection - lots of varieties and styles. My favorite is the TJs Chunky.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    I like the On the Border salsa!
  • I make my own , 2fresh tomatoes,2 canned tomatoes, bunch of fresh corriender, 3-4 cloves of garlic , 2-3 canned Jalepino peppers & lemon juice. I mix it in my blender. Add salt acc to taste. I added another green chillie as I wanted hot. It keeps well in the fridge for a week & so delicious.

Gotta try this.

That's what I like about making salsa at home. You can blend in whatever you want and make it to your taste. :-)

Add some red onion and a bit of cilantro to this...heck yes! Plus making your own salsa is significantly cheaper.
  • MILFaspirations
    MILFaspirations Posts: 108 Member
    i'll have to give these a go!!!
  • marindak
    marindak Posts: 168
    I LOVE Walmart brand (Great Value) Peach Pineapple Chipotle and Lime and Black Bean. Sooooo good!
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    I still have not found a jarred salsa that I like -- I don't know what it is about what the makers have to do to the salsa to put it in a jar -- but just about any tub from the refrigerated deli section of stores is great!

I suggest reading the labels and get a kind with no sugar!