30 day shred vs. 30 day shred with weights vs. Ripped

Options
I've seen so many people have great results with 30 DS. I'm just curious what you all think would be a better investment of the three. I have a kettlebell and a set of dumbbells, so the weights are not an issue.

What are the pros and cons of them? Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Bump
    I'm really curious about this too!
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    bump....

I'd love that information too. I have 25 days until a beach trip and want to tighten and firm as much as possible.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    i have all three and Ripped in 30 is my favorite. I like the format of 3 circuits, each with 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute abs in each circuit, and that there are 4 levels. 30DS has the same format, but with only three levels, and I think Ripped is a bit tougher.
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    i have all three and Ripped in 30 is my favorite. I like the format of 3 circuits, each with 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute abs in each circuit, and that there are 4 levels. 30DS has the same format, but with only three levels, and I think Ripped is a bit tougher.

So should I just get all three?
  • dontwantausername1
    dontwantausername1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I really want to know also. I want to start the series but wasn't sure which one to do first. I hear more about the 30 day shred but ripped in 30 has better reviews and is newer. Hmm...
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    They are all really good. I think the 30 Day Shred may be the one to start with though. Unless you are already in pretty good shape than you can do any of them. They all show modifications to the moves if you can't handle the 'more advanced' exercise. I have done the full 30DS and Ri30 last summer. I did have of the 30DS in December and am currently doing the 30DS again right now, today was Day 6 of Level 3. I have only done Shred it Weights a few times, only because of other things that were going on in my life. I may do it again after I am done the 30DS. I am waiting on my order of Jillian's Body Revolution. So until that arrives I will be doing a combination of her other workouts.

Have fun with which ever one you choose.
  • gayatrik
    gayatrik Posts: 173
    Options
    I've seen so many people have great results with 30 DS. I'm just curious what you all think would be a better investment of the three. I have a kettlebell and a set of dumbbells, so the weights are not an issue.

What are the pros and cons of them? Thanks in advance!!

I would say keep changing :smile: Start with 30 DS and do it 4-5 times in a week... do 2 -3 times of kettlebells in the week.

Once u r done with one time of 30DS... try ripped in...

this is what i planned for myself so would suggest the same for u too :smile:
  • wannalosew82
    wannalosew82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wait! There is only one 30DS DVD right? What do you mean 30DS with weights? Doing the same one with weights? or a totally different one? As far as I know there is only one DVD called 30DS.
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Jillian's workouts that I have are as follows:

The 30 Day Shred
    Ripped in 30
    Shred it with Weights
    Yoga Meltdown
    6 Week/6 Pack
    Killer Buns and Thighs
    No more Trouble Zones
    Banish Fat Boost Metabolism(cardio)
    Extreme Shed and Shred<<<this one came out just before Christmas 2011

Her new workout program coming soon is Body Revolution. It's a 90 day program.
  • savlyon
    Options
    No there is a 30 day shred with weights that is separate from the 30 day shred video.

Also I'm in pretty good shape. I did the 15 min core work out at the end of P90x with my friend and found it easy. I have done 30 DS ONE TIME and it was similar (but shorter) than a class I go to at least once a week, so my ability level is right up there with the intermediate or advanced, probably.

I have muscles hiding under my fat!!!!!! :)
  • savlyon
    Options
    Jillian's workouts that I have are as follows:

The 30 Day Shred
    Ripped in 30
    Shred it with Weights
    Yoga Meltdown
    6 Week/6 Pack
    Killer Buns and Thighs
    No more Trouble Zones
    Banish Fat Boost Metabolism(cardio)
    Extreme Shed and Shred<<<this one came out just before Christmas 2011

Her new workout program coming soon is Body Revolution. It's a 90 day program.

What are your favorites? What is the most effective? Sounds like you are a JM junkie!!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm loving Ri30 right now. I was doing 30DS at first then started Ri30 and now I don't want to do 30DS. I've never done 30DS with Weights though.

I have also done Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones and both of those are great. They are pretty tough, and longer (40 or 45 minutes I think) but they're good.
  • savlyon
    Options
    The consensus seems to be Ri30 is the best...? Is that accurate?
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm probably not the best to give an opinion as I have only used ripped in 30 but I just wanted to say I love it! The only thing I dislike is listening to her say the same things over and over every day lol. So I mute the tv and play music when I do it which helps it go by faster!
  • LaBlue24
    LaBlue24 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

So should I just get all three?

I would get one or the other, they sound similar. I personally like 30 Day Shred, but have not tried Ripped. 30 Day Shred has 3 levels and is in circuits (like Ripped - 4 levels) and are 30 minute work outs, so I like that I can get a full body workout in short amount of time. So, if I were you, I would see if I could first borrow either/both to try from a friend OR I would but the one that is least expensive OR has the better length of workout that would fit your schedule! You do not need all.
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I've done 30DS with 5lb weights Loved the results. I have not tried the RI30 though but sounds like I may have to at some point. Recently started the Killer Buns and Thighs but have had to take 3 days off because I hurt my back OUCH! But plan to pick up where I left off tonight and it has been good so far. I am still on level 1 though...