When should you start 30 day shred ?????

Options
I'm trying to lose overall around 80lbs, ive almost lost 20lbs. so my question is when I should start to use 30 day shred. Would i get better results if i waited until i was 10-15 lbs away from my goal weight or should i start it now? Please let me know what you think.

Replies

• shyandemily
    shyandemily Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    There's no need to wait to start the shred. Yes of course it's going to be difficult when you first start it, but it's gets easier as you get stronger.
  • cgoedert92
    cgoedert92 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    okay i should start now. won't the result look better if i wait though ?
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    no one said you cant do it twice :)
  • Jessika_witha_k
    Options
    Results are results- you're going to look great loosing weight whether you're trying to lose 5 pounds or 50!
    Good luck!
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm getting surgery in a couple weeks and can't exercise for two weeks afterward, so I'm gonna wait until I'm completely healed before starting.
  • beach_chelle
    Options
    If you do it while losing weight you are more likely to tighten things up and not have excess skin. At least that is what I am understanding. I will be starting in march because I just started a running program and want to get that under way first.
    Good luck!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    NOW no time to wast i did it at 300lb! yes its hard at first but by day 5 you will be walking it i promise! :drinker:
    also did p90x at 240lbs(probally the fattest person who ever did it) lol
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I started it yesterday after only starting on my weight loss journey a month ago
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Splain it to me Lucy. What is a shred??
  • janelleb15
    janelleb15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would start now. There is no reason to wait. It is an excellent workout but my best advice would be to stay on workout 1 until you get really comfortable with it (you could be on it for more than a few weeks). The workouts 2 and 3 definitely get more difficult. Good luck! Great 20 minute workout.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    start now.. Results are results and any loss is a celebrated loss :wink:
  • shyandemily
    shyandemily Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just because it's called the 30 day shred doesn't mean you only have to do it for 30 days. Whether you have 100 to lose or 10, it helps with your endurance and helps build lean muscle.
  • Hollybot
    Hollybot Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I started trying to loose yesterday, and I started my 30 DS yesterday. I did day two today and I feel great!~
  • jazzykay1971
    Options
    Start now, the sooner the faster you will see results. I love the 30 Day shred!
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Start it now as it's a brilliant cardio work out. Then keep doing it until you get to goal lol... Obviously the less overall fat you have the more defined the muscles will appear, but it's a good way to shed the fat in the first place.
  • cgoedert92
    cgoedert92 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is a exercise dvd created by jillian michaels from the biggest loser
  • mwoodrum
    Options
    I just started my fitness/weight-loss journey Jan 1st and started the shred on Monday. It is definetely a difficult workout, but I don't see any reason to wait.
  • jazzykay1971
    Options
    Splain it to me Lucy. What is a shred??

Jillian Michaels DVD, awesome!:happy:
  • cPT_Helice
    Options
    I'm trying to lose overall around 80lbs, ive almost lost 20lbs. so my question is when I should start to use 30 day shred. Would i get better results if i waited until i was 10-15 lbs away from my goal weight or should i start it now? Please let me know what you think.

Now
  • supersourbubble
    Options
    i had about 40 lbs to lose overall (i'm down almost 12) and i started the shred 5 days after i joined MFP. its made a huge difference already. i see it, and so do my coworkers). I still have lots of lbs to lose but im toning up. :)

i plan to finish the shred (2 days away) then do ripped in thirty, followed by 6 week six pack, then go back to the shred again. that way, i get a few months break so i dont get bored of any one routine.

ps. im doing these workouts bc i cant afford a gym, or insanity, or p90x...but it's ok bc it's working for me and im losing weight like crazy!!