When should you start 30 day shred ?????

Options
2»

Replies

• tnrown87
    tnrown87 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am starting tonight I need a change from my treadmill. :noway:
  • cgoedert92
    cgoedert92 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    seems like the consensus is that i should start it now and continue. Thanks everyone
    !!!!.... feel free to add me :smile:
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    WHAT are you STILL here?? i said NOW.... :bigsmile:
  • mariholm
    mariholm Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It's a DVD workout by Jillian Michaels (the trainer from "Biggest Loser" show). goes from level 1-3 (suggest doing a level at a time for 10 days before going on to the next), 30 minutes a day, high intensity workout. It's a b***h at the beginning but it gets easier as you get stronger.
  • bernfeld
    Options
    I would def start it now for several reasons.

You want to ensure that you are actually loosing fat not muscle! With this dvd she combines strength, cardio, and abs. Strength training actually will boost your metabolism and help you loose weight quicker, and healthier. Cardio is deff gonna help you shred the lbs. When all is said and done you will have the body you want. You won't have to go through the months of loosing weight then months of toning. It will all be done at the same time! There are also three levels to this dvd. I started it 3 days ago. I skipped the 2nd day because of an extremely long day at work and taking care of my son. I did it just an hour ago. My body felt like JELL-O but it was much easier today then the first day. I intend to do level one for 30 days, then level 2 for 30 days, then level 3 for 30 days. You also feel so much better after a work out. and its only 20 minutes! Good luck!
  • lagcrg
    lagcrg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just got 30 DS. I am planning to start it tomorrow. I have about 20lbs to lose. but more would be nice. It's hard for me over all because of thyroid disorder that causes me to put on the weight. I am ready to get control of my body and although I am on thyroid meds to help things work, I am hopeful that getting my body in healthier standing that my thyroid will get better too. Good luck on your journey.
  • cgoedert92
    Options

You want to ensure that you are actually loosing fat not muscle! With this dvd she combines strength, cardio, and abs. Strength training actually will boost your metabolism and help you loose weight quicker, and healthier. Cardio is deff gonna help you shred the lbs. When all is said and done you will have the body you want. You won't have to go through the months of loosing weight then months of toning. It will all be done at the same time! There are also three levels to this dvd. I started it 3 days ago. I skipped the 2nd day because of an extremely long day at work and taking care of my son. I did it just an hour ago. My body felt like JELL-O but it was much easier today then the first day. I intend to do level one for 30 days, then level 2 for 30 days, then level 3 for 30 days. You also feel so much better after a work out. and its only 20 minutes! Good luck!

I plan on buying the DVD today, and since its only 20 i can add it to the cardio workout i already do
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    whats the alternativet? Doing something else and in that case what? or not doing anything at all? I say do it, but be patient! Youll not loose as quickly as you might have done doing just cardio for newbie reasons.
  • ZachyABaby
    Options
    when you have 30 days in a row to work out.
  • ItsTiffanyFTW
    ItsTiffanyFTW Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I started it yesterday... (you need hand weights in case you didn't know... i didn't.)
    I wouldn't wait to start it though. Like the others said, results are results!
  • cgoedert92
    Options
    I started it yesterday... (you need hand weights in case you didn't know... i didn't.)
    I wouldn't wait to start it though. Like the others said, results are results!

thanks i didn't know i needed hand weights.:smile:
  • slayerdan
    Options
    On day 29 lol.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    i tried it the first time when I was 240ish....ya, that lasted 1 day....I've now made myself do it again at 150ish...I stil hurt! (but Im on day 3)
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    My first thought was Tomorrow! LOL sorry
  • MarilynGrube
    MarilynGrube Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have the same amount to lose as you. I started it last week...hard for sure but I hear so many success about this workout that I'm sure it's worth the pain lol. There are 3 levels so start out on Level 1 for awhile and level up when you feel you need the challenge. That is what I plan on doing. Good Luck!!
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    no one said you cant do it twice :)

I agree - i have about 90 lbs to lose and i plan to do it regularly thoughout my weighloss journey, and to then be sure to do it when i am closer to my goal
  • Lona728
    Lona728 Posts: 105
    Options

I never thought to do each level for 30 days. I also am doing the Shred and I am about 100lbs from my goal! I am going to take your advice and do each level for 30 days. And to the original poster~ start now :)
  • marquesajen
    Options
    I started it (didn't finish because of traveling/sickness) and I had only lost maybe 5 pounds by that point, but I felt SO much stronger after even a couple of weeks of it. I think it may give you confidence and there's no reason you can't do it again when you're closer to your goal :D
  • SWilland
    SWilland Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Start now but keep in mind you might not see the scale drop drastically but you will see the inches melt :bigsmile:

Before you start take your measurements

Arms
    Bust
    Waist
    Hips
    Thighs

When I did the shred I only "lost" 2lbs in 30 days but I lost 7.75 inches all around. Well worth the 25 minutes a day it takes.