XVEST Weighted Training Vest

Options
I am a firm beleiver the XVEST ( www.thexvest.com ) has helped me drop more weight than just walking/jogging without it. It burns about 20% - 40% more calories. I use the android app runtastic to track my walking / calories burned. I then add 20% more calories and input that into MFP daily cardio. I have lost about 25 pounds now and currently wear the Xvest with 33 pounds in it when I walk / jog. My diet has also had a major impact on my weight loss.

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I just bought a 20 lb weighted vest this past weekend. It wasn't this brand but is very similar. I've used it while doing free step. I was shocked at the difference it made. I have lost 27 lbs and I'm in much better shape than I was a year ago but it still seemed harder with the vest than it did when I started. I guess that has to do with distribution of the weight. I can't imagine running in it. I'm sure I'd have to drop down to at least 10 lb to do it.

If you've had yours for long could you answer a question? (or anyone else that's used one for a while) I sweat a LOT more when using the vest. The shirt under it is usually completely soaked. It is going to stink after a while?
  • scooterhaz
    scooterhaz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Check with your manufacturer to see if there are cleaning instructions. Mine does not stink. My xvest is washable but it is also treated with anti-bacterial and anti-microbial agents to fight oders. When i started using it i only used 6 pounds ( i thought that felt heavy) then i added weights about weekly. Fixing to get to 40 pounds but dont think i will ever max it out at 84 pounds. I think that is more for military and fireman